1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Throwback: Rockets vs Blazers Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Mar 23, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The previous season. Despite Spurs winning 62 when swept them 4-0 in the previous season. The Rockets also won the first game of 2014 but the streak got interrupted by a classic Hemis Fair Home cooking referee game that was a harbinger of things to come.

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’m confused now. I originally googled it and it said I was wrong, that year we lost 3-1. Then someone corrected me and said I was right, we did sweep them. So I checked again and it said that we did. F it I give up.

Random note: I wish we never amnestied Scola. By this series he had definitely regressed, but Harden’s first year I really wish I saw a Lin/Harden/Parsons/Scola/Asik

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

this quarantine got me watching games I didn’t think I’d be watching again

right now, I’m trying to find the full game for game 2 of the 2015 WCF...I missed that game because I was on a flight so I’ve only seen the highlights...might as well finally watch it now

I also wouldn’t mind watching games 1, 3, and 4 of this Blazers series again...looking back, this was just a great series with 2 evenly matched teams going at it

DeBeards, Deckard and hakeem94 like this.
  4. rockets13champs

He was 24 years old....

5. rockets13champs

Imo Jeremy Lin cost us that series. Anytime we had Lin in the game it would cause Lillard to beat him. Also the fact that in 2014 we had no PF to defend Lamarcus. 2015 made up for it tho. Probably after 2018 my favorite postseason run.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

What rocket fan wants to see this bs. Might as well show game 7 2018 wcf

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I remember that the refs were against us... alot of bad calls

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

With a couple more lucky bounces, that team had a legit shot at a deep playoff run... We matched up well against what would have been our next opponent (Spurs). Of course any of the Spurs, Heat, or Thunder could very well have beaten us, but I think we would have put up a good fight against them.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

hakeem94 likes this.