1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Three Baton Rouge police officers shot near BRPD HQ

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Buck Turgidson

Welcome to 2 party politics, American style.

2. jsingles

jsingles Member

And if that's the post you're referring to boy, at no point was it even insinuated that comprehending what he wrote was the issue. It was questioning the intelligence of someone who shouldn't be throwing out their remedial level opinion. Which it seems is someone like you who has thus far only demonstrated an elementary grade level of reading comprehension, so you do what's normal, you attack those with intelligence because it scares you. Poor kid, waking up scared every morning because the world is too big and scary for you to understand.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Interesting choice of words. Story checks out.

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Why not try listening to the issues they express (including the one's beyond cops killing people), try to address them, and see if you are right. Assuming nothing will decrease the anger seems like a defeatist attitude of someone who wants to say the anger of black community is baseless.

5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

It's the internet. Get used to opinions you don't like being posted on it. You moderate nothing on here and your opinion is no more or less valid than the poster you were criticizing. I still consider you a huge moron for what it's worth. My opinion of course.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

ISIS.....lol. It is only a matter of time. Done without using a huge US ground force.

Keep grabbing your ankles.......you are good at it.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

How about this..."Police officers, stop treating people of color as suspects during most encounters. Shooting first and asking questions to a corpse is not going to solve problems between Police and these communities."

8. HamJam

I didn't say that -- I said we have to understand and address the conditions causing the anger that led to the shootings. And we do. Assuming this is happening ex nihlo will just mean we don't fix the conditions causing the anger and that the level of hostility to the police will just increase.

#88 HamJam, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="558" height="419" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9hQDtbvqU0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't understand posts like these. You're saying they shouldn't?

11. Nook

Nook Member

Trivializing rape? No.... Good job trivializing murder though.

Although your bizarre inference that I trivialized rape is telling...

12. Nook

Nook Member

I will give you the benefit of the doubt but it sure sounded like an excuse.

Regardless, let's hope the problems/issues are resolved.

13. jsingles

jsingles Member

No one is saying you can't voice opinions.....can you even read? Why are you struggling so hard here?

Actually, don't even worry about mustering up whatever you need to formulate whatever kind of remedial level thought you have on the matter. It's beyond obvious that simple text escapes your intellectual grasp. I hope you grow up one day into an adult and realize that reading comprehension is a very simple task. I'll just put you as the first on my ignore list.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

As he capitalized the words, he is probably talking about the group that operates under that name. I understand you are a full r****d and can't understand subtleties like that but maybe try doing an internet search or something.

2 people like this.
  15. HamJam

You compared me talking about the conditions causing black communities to be angry enough to shoot cops to people who say women deserve to be raped based on what they wear.

If that isn't trivializing rape to discredit the opinion of someone who disagrees with you, I don't know what is.

But you think the issues are spurious -- otherwise you wouldn't have compared me talking about them in reference to the shooting to people talking about the way a woman dresses when she is raped.

16. jsingles

jsingles Member

Are more white people shot and killed by cops, or black people?

17. HamJam

As a percentage of their total population?

18. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Espousing how smart you are to the world doesn't make you smart. You're a moron. A huge moron. And thanks for the ignore.

19. jsingles

jsingles Member

That's fine, either way.

20. HamJam

Then the answer is that black folks get killed by police at a higher rate than white folks. Black folks make up about 13% of the population, but a much higher percentage of the amount of police shootings.

Yeah, more white folks are killed by cops (and I definitely agree that over policing is a nationwide problem even apart from racism), but when you factor in the relative sizes of the different races in the U.S. population, race is definitely a factor.