1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Three Baton Rouge police officers shot near BRPD HQ

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You're out of your mind. Out of all the major news stories, Obama has always been one to comment on race if it was ever an issue. Obama should be a mediator and he's doing the exact opposite. When a person has a issue of race, they use words like "white, black, african american, hispanic, ect ...". A mediator is very careful not to use those words as not to seem partial. Go back and listen to his speeches ... never does he try to defuse the situation and very frequently uses racial identifiers. What Obama should be doing is getting up, stating all violence is wrong and all racial biased is wrong and then STFU. He doesnt need to elaborate and give a long speech about the injustices of the world.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Gun nuts always use defense against government tyranny as an argument for arming citizens. When a group of people(black people) use guns because they feel that they are being tyrannized(as misguided as that may be) by the government(police), those same gun nuts are the first to express outrage. You can't have your cake and eat it too. One groups terrorist is another groups freedom fighter.

I'm making these statements as a person who likes guns and owns a few that believes that targeting cops is a horrible thing. Unfortunately you can't have guns all over the place, live in an divided environment, and expect bad **** not to happen. We as a country have to figure out where the line between the right to bear arms and unneeded violence should be. I don't know where that line should be, but it definitely should be moved at least a little.

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

What is more likely is Obama castigating the Baton Rouge police and then directing his "Department of Justice" to go after the BRPD for "triggering" the killers as a result of crossing paths with them out on the
    public streets.

After all, with Obama and his supporters, it is all about political correctness and tribal identity politics, literally over any other priority or concern.

4. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Perfectly said.
    And these shooters could be his son, or his daughters boyfriend

5. Nook

Nook Member

Exactly!

WHY DID YOU MAKE ME SHOOT YOU MISTER POLICE OFFICER!

Reminds me of people that would say a rape victim had it coming....

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Oh, now we are trivializing rape to smear the opinions of people who disagree with us? Great. Way to have standards there Nook.

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another senseless killing.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Dumb people always think violence is the answer because their brains can't figure out that it only leads to more violence. This goes for criminals and the government.

9. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

It's one thing to blame this anti-cop movement on the President (albeit foolish). It's another to paint all blacks with one brush stroke and make veiled racist statements. Rockets Pride and his kind are worrisome, as is killing police officers.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Explicit quotes please.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why can't people ever just post explicit quotes of all of Obama's offensive statements that riles up a nut to shoot random cops.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Because it is easy. You have Trump, who built a whole campaign on blaming all Mexicans and Muslims for bad acts by a few. The bigots on this board love this.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Now I know why I barely visit the D&D...there are some ****ing idiots here.

14. Nook

Nook Member

You are one of the better posters.

Yes, 5% extremists seem to always come out in full force on issues of race, religion, etc.

We have "must be blacks, must be blacks!... Okay so we don't know if they were black yet, but it doesn't really matter! Our Przzzident wants HeLtEr SkELTeR!!

Coupled with Sacco basically saying the three dead cops are the fault of the cops.

Also lilpun has more restraint than most.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Sorry, it's crazy right wing conservatives that are racially dividing the country like yourself. Do you want me to post things of what a major news network has said about blacks and other minorities? The signs they hold up at rallies?

They've made being empathetic to a black person dying something partisan. So we need to bring up the Southern strategy again?

16. amaru

amaru Member

Well, thanks

Violently going after police won't do anything but make young black males look more suspicious in the eyes of LEOs. (I know the race of these shooters has not been confirmed. But the fact that it is even being mentioned is telling)

I'm literally going to my glove compartment right now and placing all of my identification on the front seat. That way I won't have to reach for anything if I'm pulled over. I haven't been pulled over in almost 5 years but still......not trying to be the next #hashtag or have my parents on national TV crying over my casket.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

The conditions causing the anger will never be resolved to the satisfaction of the black community. Police officers, even when defending themselves according to all the rules, will still be accused of murder if they kill someone in the line of duty.

1 person likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Yup a lot of gun owners don't want non conservative younger black people to be carrying, legally or otherwise.

19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I never quite understand pointing out someone else's grammatical mistakes while ignoring the content of their post. Oh no! He typed your instead of you're incorrectly! Let me point this out!

Did you understand what he wrote? Yes? Then what's the problem? If you didn't understand the post even with errors but everyone else does, then doesn't that make YOU the moron?

jsingles si a dmub psoter. So dmub eh cat'n eevn tarnlstae tihs psot. hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha.

20. jsingles

jsingles Member

I didn't make a mention of any grammatical errors in the quote you took from me......Reading is quite simple, since you seem to struggle with it. Pick up a 3rd grade textbook and get to learning son.