1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thread for undecided moderates...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Major, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Now you're scarin' me! ;)

2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

This is either hilarious or weird.

MadMax fall in a faint...

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

^ What is MadMax's wife going to think? MM better be careful about letting his wife see this thread otherwise no more posting for MadMax.

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

MadMax - Deckard '12! Two of my favorite liberals.

5. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Nah...no reason to be scared. Think about it. We disagree on a lot. You have a tendency to listen to the other side and deliver workable compromises. You take office. Get me on the horn, and we'll figure it all out. We can fix this nation. :eek: :D

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well, it needs a LOT of fixin'! :D

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am a moderate but actually feel the religious right forces me to vote for Dems now because I am so repulsed by their agenda (which I see as very liberal by the way).

I want a balanced budget, a healthy economy, and a sound foreign policy. And to basically leave people alone to do what they like to do.

Republicans talk about less gov't, but why do they then want to legislate abortion rights, who can get married, and what religion we should practice in school or public places - or what we can do with a flag?

And yet they are against environmental conservation, and regulatng industry to prevent things like monopolies, mortgage crisis, and Enron.

What on earth is wrong with them? They have become simply a party of religious fundamentalists and the rich.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Then you must have been thrilled with Bill's two terms, absent the scandal dug up by the GOP after tens of millions of dollars spent drilling dry holes.

" ...a balanced budget, a healthy economy, and a sound foreign policy. And to basically leave people alone to do what they like to do."

That largely described the Clinton Administration, although I disagreed with "don't ask, don't tell," along with a few other things. Bottom line? Terrific two terms, simply based on performance. And equally important (damn near!), he didn't screw anything up that was trending in a good way when he took office.

9. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

Yet he left office with a Recession. :rolleyes:

10. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

They aren't. Abortion rights are a creature of USSC decisions.

Who can get married is already a matter of state statute. In Texas, the Family Code defines marriage as "between a man and a woman..."

How can you complain about legislating something that is already a matter of standing legislation?

Again...this is a matter of USSC decisions. It is perfectly germane to a political debate.

Yet another issue that has been hotly contested for DECADES in the Federal courts.

Everything you have mentioned is not anything new in political debate or in the docket of the USSC.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thats exactly how I roll.......

12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

;) exactly

13. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I was a Hillary supporter and I was gonna go for Obama but now I'm undecided...

Obama likes to talk, that's for sure but will he live up to his talk?

McCain probably has more experience but after picking Palin, I do not want them to be in office due to her inexperience...what happens if McCain choke?

Maybe it's third party for me or I won't vote at all.

14. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I have all but decided that I'll be voting third party this year.

15. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Hillary and Obama ran on virtually identical platforms.

How can anyone be undecided at this point?

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Personally, I would factor in the "what if the president dies" at some point in my decision making, but it would not be a primary concern.

I suggest voting regardless. You can always abstain from a particular race. There are generally more races to be chosen other than just the president. If you really want a voice in your local community, bone up on those running for the school board (if there is a school board election in your district this year). Those folks can have a significant impact on your family, taxes, etc.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would wait to see the debates to get a real view....

Funny how the Republicans see this election as one of personalities and the dems as one of issues.

Not once did any of the republicans speaking last night mention the economy....sort of telling, isn't it?

Think of it this way.

If you had 100 people in the room, John McCain's tax policies would take a dollar from 95 people and give that money to the top 5 earners.

Whereas Obama's tax plan would take money from the top 5 and distribute it to the other 95.....

DD

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They did mention the economy, what are you talking about?

Thompson discussed taxes and how they impacted the economy. He mentioned that Americans are struggling right now.

Anyway, try to remember that the convention is out of whack due to the schedule changes. I'd be a fortune that the economy will be discussed by Palin and by Romney at the very least.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope so, because people vote with their wallets more often than not.

And Obama is promising to lower taxes for 95% of Americans.

DD

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why do you hope so? Aren't you pulling for Obama?