1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thread for undecided moderates...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Major, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Dude, you're still not undecided. Undecided means that you have yet to pick between the two candidates, but likely intend to vote for one. You have already decided to pick neither.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Not a big McCain fan at all. Scares the crap out of me if he would get elected.

Well, he has a couple of months to change my mind, but right now it's definitely Obama assuming my vote actually matters. That is, in the unlikely event that Texas actually becomes a battleground state.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what speech you were watching but there were plenty of minorities sitting near the front. Also the people near the front weren't there as props but are the state delegates.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lets be fair though as there are plenty of people who have made up their mind who have posted in this thread.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Max, I really respect your opinion, as you may have inferred from some of my responses to your posts. There's not many people in my life right now who don't treat me as evil and heinous for having a differing political opinion than the conservative church. I value my faith over everything and its hard to not have anyone who understands where I'm coming from. Reading your posts is inspiring as well as comforting, so whenever you want to post your justifications for your beliefs, please do. I love reading everything you write.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

moes, you might want to keep an eye on this situation. ;)

I actually posted that my respect grows daily for Max just because of the respect he shows basically everybody else on the board. That type of attitude is very rare in the world we live in today.

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

He digs Max too. :cool:

8. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I'd let my GF bang max if he were up for it. That's how highly I think of him. I'd prolly watch tho.

9. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I wish the rep's and dem's could have a kid. I'd vote for that kid.

Assuming said kid was pro-choice, pro-legalization, and would stay out of my life while keeping my taxes low.

I'm tempted to vote R just to spite certain people who wave the "vote for Obama or you're a racist" card.

I'm tempted to vote D to piss off the religious right.

But I don't want to vote out of spite. And I won't.

In the end, I'll probably vote third party.

I'm curious about them both, though....Obama makes a lot of pretty speeches. They're awfully inspiring, but I don't hear any specifics. I'm tempted to vote for him because he's new and fairly inexperienced. I also like Biden quite a bit.

I'm curious to vote for McCain because he's a moderate Republican. I feel like I know him, and I absolutely respect him, even though I don't agree with his typically-conservative anti gay marriage and pro-life stance. Palin is interesting, but I don't know much about her. She seems a bit of a maverick herself, and though I don't agree with her on some issues, I at least respect her for going against the grain.

Hell, I don't know. I rarely do until I'm behind the voting booth curtain.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Question to those of you who say Obama has been short on specifics: Has McCain been MORE specific than Obama? If so, give me a short list of examples please.

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You, my friend, sound like a Bob Barr man.

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/

12. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

About energy policy, does it interest you at all that Palin was the chairwoman of the Alaska Commission for Oil and Gas Conservation?

13. Refman

Invite me. I would love to hear it also, and have wanted to have a beer or 3 with Bats.

14. Refman

Sorry for the triple post everybody. I just keep finding things that I want to respond to.

Finalsbound, you should NEVER have to feel badly about your beliefs. If the people in your church were really Christians, they would try to follow Jesus themselves rather than assail and label those with whom they disagree.

I believe it goes something like judge not, lest you be judged. I am pretty sure I butchered that...but you get the idea. :cool:

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So do I. Max should run for office. Seriously. I'd vote for him.

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Only if more Christians stuck to that. Heck not just Christians in that regard.

17. Refman

I would also vote for Max. But Max and I have been friends for a long time, so I know I'd get a fat cabinet post out of it. :D

I would probably vote for you Deckard. We disagree on a lot, but at least I know you actually give a damn about the country.

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

This is very close to how I feel. Thanks for saving me the time typing it.

For the record I'd probably vote for Max too.

19. yc324

yc324 Member

Man this thread got hijacked... :(

20. rocket3forlife2

It only energies the base because they think they can capitalize on the past rift between Obama and Hillary.That was a terrible terrible pick in my eyes..this women was a intern mayor,govener of a state with no one in it for a year and some months, and has 0 hours of foreign policy experience.She has never been on the national stage, unknown,and would be president of the united states in feb if McCain droped dead in jan....This scares the living crap out of me!