1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thread for undecided moderates...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Major, Aug 29, 2008.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You are known as an independent. Not necessarily a moderate, just someone who doesn't fit a typical voting profile. Welcome to the club! The more of us the better.

2. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

I'm an Independent voter that voted for Hillary in the Texas Caucus. I can't really see myself voting for McCain, but I give him credit where credit is due. He picked the perfect VP candidate. He picked a candidate that finally energizes the conservatives but at the same time thinking out of the box. It just so happens that she is a woman. In the end, I still probably won't vote for either candidate. I will listen to what they have to say. One thing I do know is that McCain is no George Bush. This VP nomination proves that they are TWO Mavericks. People seem to forget, the President isn't the end all say all in social policies. You still have a congress and senate to change up too. In order for me to even look at McCain and Palin, they have to be SPECIFIC on how they plan on reforming the country. If they can do that which Obama FAILED to do last night with his speech, then they have a chance.

Obama's speech was unimaginative and unmemorable. The fireworks was nice, the set looked great, the crowd of 80,000 looked neat. BTW...I love how Obama put all the minorities in the cheap seats and had all the white people up front. Good move Obama. :rolleyes: His speech last night was the same talking points he's been saying for months. He gave no specifics and contradicted himself on the issues. At the end of the day whether people like it or not, we are electing a WARTIME President that has to fix our economy. McCain has that wartime experience - Obama has not. However, I can't vote for McCain on the other issues of his platform regarding the economy for now. If he can lay out his plan on what he plans on doing SPECIFICALLY, then I may revist. For now, I'm still not voting but I commend McCain on his pick for Palin.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you seriously going to lie that boldly and obviouslyt and claim were seriously undecided between Obama and McCain, with your perpetual and eternal hard on for all things anti-Obama?

That would make you a lying sack of ****. I'm sure you would have more self-respect than that, right?

4. ROCKET RICH NYC

No I was undecided with Obama and Hillary. I just said I'm not voting for McCain. You lying piece of crap!

5. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Well then, I apologize. It appear that you are not a lying sack of ****, just stupid, and unable to read instructions at the beginning of the thread.

6. ROCKET RICH NYC

I'm sorry that you are an Angry Bitter American that loves Obama!

I am Independent Voter that was trying to decide who to vote for between Obama and Hillary. I ended up voting for Hillary in the Texas Caucus. I said I can not vote for McCain, but I give him credit for his VP choice you piece of ****. What's so wrong for that? If he can convince me otherwise, I'll listen. I just told you that I would not be voting for him but I can listen can't I?

7. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Again, you've had a hard-on with the anti-Obama posting for the last 6 months. For you to claim that you were undecided is simply the most dishonest piece of crap. Keep lying, or perhaps you are simply deluding yourself.

Vote however you want, just don't lie about actually considering Obama. I can drag up your posts from the last 6 months, if you want. You would be just as much a POS if you were mc mark and claimed that you had honestly been thinking about voting for McCain until the devastating speech Obama gave. Thankfully he has more integrity than that. You claiming you were honestly considering Obama is like me claiming I was honestly considering McCain. Vote how you want. But don’t lie about it.

If you want me to go through and pull up your posts for that period, I just might be willing to, if you keep trying to BS your way through the lie that you were honestly undecided on Obama.

8. ROCKET RICH NYC

Did I ever say I was going to vote for McCain? NO. I said I would listen to him. Pull it up. Yea I bashed Obama for 6 months because we don't know CRAP about him. I knew everything about Hillary that I needed to know. Just because I questioned who he is all of a sudden I'm not an Independent. That you moron is being Independent. I was thinking for MYSELF instead of drinking that Obama Kool-aid you and all you Obamalytes have been doing. Don't think that I made up my mind. I actually liked him at the Iowa caucus. However, the more I asked questions, the more YOU Obama people kept your attacks. That just made me ask even more questions and kept criticizing Obama. The more I criticized, the more you all said I made up my mind. I didn't make up my mind until I went to my polling place. After I voted, I went home, second guessed my decision thinking maybe I should've voted for Obama. Then I showed up for the Caucus later that evening, and it just made me SICK to my stomach how the Texas Caucus went.

So Otto...go screw yourself and pull up all my posts. DO IT PLEASE so we can go back and see that after 6 months of Obama, we STILL DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM!

9. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

This is a Thread for undecided moderates..., not idepenents who already know who they don't like. Reading comphehension, FTW!

10. ROCKET RICH NYC

it also ASKED...

what did you think of the Dem Convention, and now the Sarah Palin pick? And as the campaign continues next week, let us know what you think of the GOP Convention.

11. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Again, you fail reading comprehension. It says...

[rquoter]
    but for the true undecideds out there, what did you think of the Dem Convention, and now the Sarah Palin pick?

[/rquoter]

Start all the threads you want about how much you hate Obama. Make a dozen threads a day listing out all your complaints and concerns. Just don't masquerade as an undecided in the thread for people who are undecided. That is simply dishonest and dirty.

#71 Ottomaton, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  12. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

And like I said earlier in this thread, this is exactly why I tend to stay out of this forum...

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The proper term is Asians -- 'Orientals' is offensive and refers to items such rugs.

I shouldn't have to continually correct you on such issues.

14. ROCKET RICH NYC

The only thing dirty is you.

I do consider myself an Independent/Moderate voter. Always have voted for candidates Republican/Democrat/Independent.

I'm not trying to pretend that I'm undecided...I said I'm not going to vote for either...but that I give McCain credit...and I'd listen to what he has to say.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

might wanna start on your Barack impressions ;)

get the feeling they will be useful for the next 4 yrs

Rocket River

16. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

IGNORANCE FTW!

17. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Then why are you posting in the thread for undecideds, responding to a question directed at undecideds?

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Please ignore those popping in this thread to REHASH ON-GOING PERSONAL POLITICAL BS.

Ottomaton and ROCKET RICH NYC, don't turn this into a crap-fest, OK? It's not the intent of the OP, Major, I would imagine. Start a "POLITICAL CRAP-FEST THREAD," perhaps. :)

19. ROCKET RICH NYC

I can't give my opinion? Sorry Mr. Message board Nazi. I made it clear how I voted in the caucus, how I amTYPICALLY an Independent/Moderate, how I felt about last night's speech and how I feel about McCain's pick. I don't think I ever gave my opinion on last night's speech or the VP pick any other thread except this one.

I posted here as one that votes Independent/Moderate. You don't like what I have to say ..then ignore me like all the other Obamamaniacs have.

My candidate (Hillary) is out of the race. I said I am not voting for either Obama or McCain. That makes me an undecided voter because I will not be DECIDING on who will be the next President. I gave my opinions about Obama's speech last night and McCain's VP pick as a NON-Partial non-voter! So that is why I posted here. So while I may not be voting...I can still listen and give my $.02.

20. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Keep on dancing!