1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thoughts on Hopkins rookie season so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Nov 29, 2013.

?

How has Hopkins been this season?

1. Excellent

17 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Average

52 vote(s)
    69.3%
  3. Should've picked a different WR

6 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. AB423

AB423 Member

I'll take a former pro-bowler anytime :cool:

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think the main issue is the guy he is trailing (Keenan Allen) is doing so much better at all aspects of the game... and he was a receiver that people thought the Texans should be going after (while Hopkins was not universally considered to be a first round pick).

Also, on the flip side of your argument, the Texans are throwing the ball more-so than they ever thought they would this season... and Hopkins hasn't been a consistent factor in the game-plan since the Titans game.

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Patterson has a lot more upside. Vikings just aren't using him properly.

4. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Average, but not really any fault of his. Give me a legit QB & a play caller who hasn't gone senile. Hopkins has every tool needed to succeed at this level.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Raven

Raven Member

I don't have a problem, yet, with either of the first two picks. Think about it this way, both rookies were thrown into a chaotic environment and still managed to produce. Give them a new coaching staff, another training camp, a new QB (for Hopkins), and both should be even better next season.