1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thoughts on Beverley from an Arkansas fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketman24, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Anxiety Trooper

You shut your w**** mouth. Shut it.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Very subtle jackass.
    You're trying to make us think you want us to praise the starters, but really those other names you threw in there are just distractors. You really want us to praise Jeremy Lin don't you? Go **** yourself LOF.

1 person likes this.
  3. HL3

HL3 Member

The starters get plenty of attention by default, their faces are plastered everywhere and they are talked about on the national level. Beverley isn't there yet, so threads like these exist to acknowledge them.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

One of the best OP's I've read in a long time, rocketman 24. Excellent job! I think you nailed Beverley. I hope Morey hangs on to him for a while.

5. jocar

jocar Member

Geez he's not taking your boy, Lin's starting spot, chill out bro. lol

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Beverley is simply not good enough, and his streak of good games are simply just "streaks". When he plays the system becomes PG oriented system, where he gets to dominate the ball, so of course he will put up good stats. He has guys like Smith to catch lobs, Delfino as sharp shooter, and not having to play with Melo (I mean Harden) as much, he has so much more freedom.

Don't get all the attention that he is getting, if he wasn't from Arkansas nobody would care or make threads about him or hype him up. He would just be another player.

Beverley is what he is, and he is coming off the bench for a reason. Beverley was also practically undrafted for a reason, because he wasn't good enough. He is just another overhyped player simply because he was from Arkansas.

7. hltiki

hltiki Member

harsh...

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? I'd forgotten Beverley even played for Arkansas until rocketman34 started this thread. Beverley is getting attention because he's good. He's the backup point we needed. Bev isn't taking Jeremy Lin's job from him. Good grief. Talk about paranoia!

9. HL3

HL3 Member

I don't think anyone thinks Bev is taking the starting job.

The fact is that if you watch the games Beverley stands out for his effort and his tenacity. Putting aside whatever stats you want to draw up, he is plain fun to watch and that is why people like him. End of story.

10. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

That was probably meant to poke fun at LoF. Thread could have done without it though.

11. hltiki

hltiki Member

Don't mean any disrespect, but this is the duality mentality that is so damning.

Any form of criticism on Harden and Beverly automatically becomes an assumption that Lin is getting propped up.

I don't have the post history checking ability, but even then, judging from many of the posts by flamingdts, he is SOOO far away from being what you think he is.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Are you blind? There's a million Lin threads on here.

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

The guy said we needed more Jeremy Lin threads. That's absurd

14. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Is it really a coincidence though that 95% of the criticisms of Harden or Beverley come from 2012-13 join dates?

1 person likes this.
  15. hltiki

hltiki Member

I don't think we're talking about the same guy here =/

I was referring to how flamingdts, who joined in 2008, was not an LoF of any sort.

16. CCM721

CCM721 Member

He would obviously be apart of the 5%.

17. hltiki

hltiki Member

I actually think he might be trying to parody what LoFs would say or do. I've seen enough of his posts to know that he is far from being an LoF. Really! I remember!

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Replace Beverley with Lin and replace Arkansas with Asian.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Fine. Just say what you mean next time, OK?

20. Anxiety Trooper

Agreed. Didn't catch the sarcasm either