1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Thought this was interesting (PF/C)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by edward nigma, Nov 5, 2014.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yes, Henson in addition to Jones would be something I'd like to see, but not at the expense of losing Jones. Both are young and inconsistent though. Jones for a proven veteran commodity is something I'd be on board with. Of course, we could have just signed Ed Davis and gotten pretty much the same thing without having to give up anything at all. Oh well...I guess I need to let that one go.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Who is this edward nigma? E. Nigma- possible insider with a lone post about a possible upgrade?

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

The Riddler

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Khris Middleton and Jabari cannot play the PF position. What the hell?

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Probably just someone who had previously soiled themselves via irrational love/hate for a particular player.

Rebirthed themselves, try again on the wheel of clutchfans.

6. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A few posts earlier someone mentioned trading Jones + Daniels for Henson and Wolters.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like Henson too but Capela has similar potential. TJones is also a better player right now. D-Mo for Henson makes more sense but prob not for Bucks.

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Henson is way better than Jones. He can actually defend PFs.

9. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

With our trade exception, we could wait for Milwaukee (or some other team) to tank and take one of their players as a salary dump. This seems like a Morey move, predatory.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

So could Adrien but they let him go.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Offensive player my butt

Dmo cannot score in bunches right now

12. Andrew Wiggins

There are always those fans you know. And if we drafted henson they would be saying no way we trade him for both dmo and jones. That d mo is a euro scrub who cant play and jones is a another undersized 6-9 tweener who does not have a real position in the nba.

13. Andrew Wiggins

They know everything about everything without knowing anything.

14. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Defensively, yes. Total package, no.

Terrence Jones won't just be given away guys. 6'9, 252 lb, 7'2 wingspan that had a 54% FG% last year, can dribble like a guard, elite finisher at the rim - these types don't grow on trees. It's extremely rare to have this, plus the potential to be a top weak side defender. Yeah, he's not as good right now defensively, but he is 22 years old. Dude has so much potential it's crazy that some people just want to give him away for chump change.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Ersan fits that TPE pretty good. I just don't understand what happened to the guy. He completely fell off a cliff.

Landry would be another one to look at with the TPE if Sac wants to dump his contract.

16. baubo

baubo Member

I don't really like any of Milwaukee's players. I'm more interested in the Hawks and potential availability of Horford or Millsap. Also possible in seeing Denver perhaps trading some of their guys, perhaps even Ty Lawson's available. I'm already out on Rondo personally because he's not really shooting well and his gaudy assist totals will make another team overpay for him.

17. NotChandlerParsons

Just constant low grade injury I think. He also went from playing for a relatively clever coach in Scott Skiles (IMO) to Larry Drew/Jason Kidd.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Yeah. For me it's all about Millsap and Horford.....hopefully Horford. We need a couple of more assets to make it work. Let's watch what Morey does with the TPE.

19. delishman

delishman Member

Would love Henson to big our first big off the bench.

Capela, NJ, TD, 2nd Rounder: Pick 2

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can agree with this though.... you thought you have seen it all with his 13 and 6/7

Jones has untapped potential on offense - he could easily be a 18 and 10 guy. Perhaps not on the Rockets where he is only the 4th option

(15 - 7 guy on the Rockets)