1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thought Experiment: Is there a chance to trade Clint Capela for a Stretch Big?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, May 21, 2019.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Theres not enough weed in Colorado to get them stoned enough to trade Jokic.

2. dream2franchise

Absolutely agree that he'll be riding the bench. Mike needs to play him during the season and get him acclimated and confident.

I think Hartenstein is more mobile than Brook, and Harden is a bigger offensive weapon than Giannis and will utilise his passing more effectively. Harty just needs to hit them to justify his presense offensively.

I'm not saying he's the solution. The whole idea is that we need size and shooting against GS when Clint is neutralised and he's our most realistic hope. He's both a lob threat and a shooting threat...having both options on the floor at once is huge.

I guess if Clint's traded he'll get his shot, though.

3. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Jokic is in play...but only if Harden is. Actually with the age difference Denver probably doesn't even do that.

4. Audioout

Audioout Member

How about trading him to Sacramento for Bjelica and Bagley

Bagley expires. Saves us about 7 million.

Bjelica shot over 40% on threes. He's decent on defense. Only think this saves us enough to do anything with if we also move Gordon with someone cheaper. Feel we can get Dudley on a minimum. He'll at least help some.

5. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

I agree with these sentiments, but I really think that Jokic with his organic triple doubles and decision making, and being one of the best passers in basketball (not just amongst bigs), he would truly be the difference maker if we had him instead of Capela. Some are even calling Jokic one of the best players in the league. How do we realistically get Jokic for Capela. Just as an example (and this is by no means a fluke as he does this very regularly), on May 7th vs Portland, this was his stat line:

34min. 25pts. 10-18. 19 Reb 6 asst.

6. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Realistically? Houston doesn't get him. 24 year old superstars are about as valuable as it gets in the NBA. Even bundling first round draft picks doesn't do it, because a team with Jokic and Harden will be picking very late in the round.

7. SemisolidSnake

Capela's already a stretch big. He's stretched the boundaries of ineffectiveness and ineptitude while commanding a big salary.

I think other teams will be more than happy to trade us nothing in order to keep him here.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Rockets trade their starting 5 for GS. Who says no?

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Sacramento does seem like a team stupid enough to take a package for Bagley. We would probably have to give up too much though. I don’t see it.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Joker as unathletic as he is, is only going to get better, young player.

11. Asian Sensation

The 3 most untouchable guys today are Greek Freak, Embiid and Joker.

In other words the Nuggets are not trading Jokic to us for Harden or Capela + picks or anything else we have.

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Everyone knows how good he is. That’s why their is no realistic scenario outside of trading Harden that he ends up on the rockets.

Even if we could trade everyone on the roster not named harden for free, Denver wouldn’t do it.