1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Those classy Kings fans..

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kidrock8, Mar 22, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Troy McClure

Troy McClure Member

Kings fans are nuts. I was watching some game the other day, and some middle aged women left her courtside seat (well 2nd row I guess) and started storming down the side of the court (not on the court) yelling at the referees for about 5 minutes. They must not have much else to do in Sacramento...

2. RedDragon

RedDragon Member

Ha Ha Ha! What do you think he wrote? "Get your fat butt out of my spotlight!"

3. EMANUEL34

EMANUEL34 Member

F*#* THE LAKERS !

4. tigereye

tigereye Member

the mystery as to who defaced Shaq's game ball has been solved........sort of.

Thursday, March 27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

The Kings finally know who the culprit was who defaced Shaquille O'Neal's game ball.

Kings' co-owner hopes O'Neal accepts apology

Sacramento has deduced it was a courtside fan -- and not a team employee -- who scribbled an insulting expletive on the game ball, the Los Angeles Times reported in Thursday's editions.

"I hope Shaq accepts our apology," Kings owner Joe Maloof told the Sacramento Bee, "because that guy could take me and dunk me."

The game ball marked O'Neal reaching the 20,000-point plateau in his career.

Kings season ticket holder Greg Rogers witnessed the event and told the Sacramento Bee what happened.

"It was a timeout in the fourth quarter, and the referee put the ball down," Rogers said to the newspaper. "There were two guys seated in the front row seats opposite the Kings bench. They were with a boy about nine or 10. One of the guys grabbed the ball and handed it to the boy. I was watching with my wife. I said, 'Hey, that's neat. I'll bet that kid loves this.' Then one of the guys took out a pen and wrote on the ball. My wife and I saw it. A few seconds later, the kid tossed the ball back to the ref."

Rogers told the Sacramento Bee he could pick out who wrote on the ball out of a game film.

"I'm surprised he doesn't come forward," Rogers told the newspaper. "A lot of people want to shake his hand."

The culprit apparently scribbled the expletive during a fourth-quarter timeout of the rival Kings' 107-99 victory over Los Angeles on March 20.

O'Neal, booed by the Sacramento crowd at halftime when his accomplishment was announced, said after the game he hoped no one connected with the Kings' organization was responsible.

"History was made last night. You can't take that away from me," O'Neal said. "I hope the Maloof family (Kings' owners Gavin and Joe Maloof) doesn't condone this kind of action.

"I will not hold the city of Sacramento responsible, but whoever did this shows no class. I'm not mad at all. I know the Maloofs allow a lot of stuff. If they do condone this, I'll be very disappointed in that organization."

The Lakers host the Kings on April 10.

"This is one thing I won't forget, and I'll see you soon," O'Neal said.

:eek:

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

"I'm surprised he doesn't come forward," Rogers told the newspaper. "A lot of people want to shake his hand."

LOL

6. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

-This is outside the topic.. but..
    MY god Kidrock Do you ever, ever, ever have anything positive to say about anyone related to the NBA? Am I the only one who is sick of his nagging? Especially when it involves the the Rockets. I can understand you're views being directly ruled by you're pessimistic attitude but you take it to far! This isn't a personal attack on your character I just constantly want to rip the cords out of the wall after I read any of you're "insightful views," you grace us with.
    I'm not directly refearing to the posts you've have in this thread. My frustration with you is caried over from you're just downright hateful comments involving the Rockets. The most important answer I would like to get out of this is WHY THE HELL ARE YOU A ROCKET'S FAN? and WHY DO YOU STILL POST HERE?
    I would compare you to Zrb of old but at least his posts were insightful and not just dowright hateful.
    ALSO why start a thread that doesn't condone any action that Shaq and/or the Lakers had coming to them?

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

ZRB of the old is nothing like the kidrock of today. ZRB would say a bunch of dumb negative things, but you could tell he desperately wanted the Rockets to succeed and actually did love some of the players.

Kidrock I think, actually hopes some Rocket players fail so he can come here and start his whining and b****ing. Not once can he actually compliment a Rocket player. And will always side with the opposition whenever opportunity arises. Not to mention he practically worships the air Lakers seem to walk on. Lakers can do no wrong, and the Rockets can do no right. He claims to be a fan of both teams but how come you can praise the Lakers and never the Rockets.

He is like a little school boy who no one likes in school. And as a result he starts hating everyone and starts worshiping evil (in this case the Lakers).