1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Those classy Kings fans..

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kidrock8, Mar 22, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Playercentral

Playercentral Member

Do not forget JayZ they own all the Wells Fargo banks too.:D
    You know whats funny is they live in a middle class neighborhood thats a tad bit upperscale and live in a nice home.
    It's not like a mansion or anything,but the ferrari looks nice in the front yard

2. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Yep. Classy.

See.....Houston fans would never do that....

THE REASON....THERE ARE NO FANS!!!! :( Nobody goes to watch games. :(

Hopefully people will go to the new arena next year. It looks nice...

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why the hell would Kings fans cheer when Shaq got his 20,000th point? You think Rockets fans are going to cheer any Malone, Stockton or Pippen accomplishments? Helllllllllll no!

4. Playercentral

Playercentral Member

Actually yes they do.

5. R0ckets03

Well how do you know? I dont believe those three have achieved any significant milestones while playing a game against the Rockets.

John Stockton did do something in Compaq Center and was heartily booed. It was something minor so I can't figure out what it was.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Just to straighten this out, Shaq didn't condemn the Cowtown fans, he singled out the one guy who did it.

Booing a guy is one thing, but when you ruin something permanent like that, it destroys all meaning in the item. It takes no thought or ingenuity to destroy something, but it took a lot more to make that ball.

Whoever did it should have his house burnt down as a lesson for being a senseless idiot.

7. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

I know. Californians are crazy.
    Craziest fans.
    The Maloof Brothers would NEVER allow this to happen!...
    Anyways........I bet you the fans of Houston would probably cheer for everybody. They never boo anyone EXCEPT SCOTTIE PIPPEN. Who else do they boo?!?
    They always cheer for Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan has dissed a Rocket.....saying Juaquin Hawkins can't play. But of course, the fans of Houston will always cheer for him.
    Hmm...I don't think people would boo John Stockton. Anyways...we should respect him. This is his last season...we'll be missing him...

8. IVFL

IVFL Member

I just cant belive how many posts kidrock has at a rockets board. I mean he must have like 50,000 at a lakers board, being they are his favorite team and all.:rolleyes:

9. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

He got his 15,000 assist just a few seconds before Stevie hit a game-winning three right in his mug.

10. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

Yes, it would have been about 20 times worse.

I live in Oakland. The people who rioted were just a small fraction of those hoping to use a Super Bowl win as an excuse to get crazy -- the ones so pissed off over the missed opportunity to "celebrate" that they decided to riot anyway.

11. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

As a general point, this is true -- every team has fans who are lamebrains.

But when your team (like the Raiders or the Kings) cultivates an image of having the loudest, rowdiest, most rabid, etc. fans in the league, you encourage those lamebrains to do things other teams' lamebrain fans wouldn't ... whether it's rioting, or defacing a personal memento, or poisoning a cheeseburger ;) , or whatever.

12. R0ckets03

Yeah I think that was it. Wasn't it in Houston? I remember booing, but I dont know if I was at home booing or at the game booing. :)

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I think that Jim Rome of all people put it best a few years ago. It's not Raider fan that riots, or Bronco fan, or Spartan fan, it's RIOT fan. Riot fan basicallys sits on the sideline looking for a reason to start a full scale riot and burn half the city to the ground. More often then not they're not even hardcore fans of the team. Rioting, burning and destroying things.

As for the Shaq thing, it was bush league no doubt, but what do you expect when you have Phil Jackson being a classless @ss constantly taking shots at the city, and now personal shots at the team? I mean for a team that has won 3 championships they sure have a hard on for Sacramento who supposedly isn't in their class.

14. coolpet

coolpet Member

maybe it is written by Kobe :p

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Shaq miffed about marred game ball

http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/o...TS&subsection=SPORTS&year=2003&month=3&day=22

LOS ANGELES – Lakers public relations director John Black approached referee Danny Crawford just after the final buzzer Thursday night in Sacramento to claim the game ball and commemorate Shaquille O'Neal reaching 20,000 points for his NBA career.

Black, whose job it was to get the ball professionally inscribed with the date and accomplishment, accepted the ball and walked 20 feet before noticing something already was written on the ball:

"Shaq, you're an (expletive)."

O'Neal's response Friday:

"History was made last night. You can't take that away from me. I hope the Maloof family (who owns the Kings) doesn't condone this type of action. I will not hold the city of Sacramento responsible. But whoever did this shows no class."

Given that Black got the ball immediately after the game ended, the slur had been on the ball during the game - even if Lakers and Kings didn't notice it then. The Kings had decided before the game to give O'Neal the game ball.

"Someone must've done it before the game or at halftime," Black said.

Black brought the ball to L.A., but after talking to Kings officials Friday, Black sent the ball back to Sacramento. The Kings are supposed to examine the handwriting in case it can help them determine who wrote it.

"I'll just have to get another ball at 30,000 (points)," O'Neal said.

O'Neal has frequently mocked the Kings, whom the Lakers have ousted from the playoffs each of the past three seasons. He most recently said Kings guard Mike Bibby did not deserve to be selected to Team USA.

That prompted a separate incident late Thursday night in which one of Bibby's friends yelled at O'Neal as he approached the Lakers' team bus after Sacramento's victory.

O'Neal's bodyguard, Jerome Crawford, interceded quickly - but not before Bibby's friend and O'Neal exchanged threatening words.

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How nice of him to not hold the entire city of Sacremento responsible. What a standup guy.

17. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I'm sure he appreciates your sarcasm. If I were in his shoes, I probably would've blasted the whole town. Having something so personal and valuable defaced leaves a horrible taste in your mouth, especially when you don't know who did it, and all you knew was that it was a Kings fan, nearly all of whom are hostile towards him anyway.

18. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Sure there are jerk fans in every city...but some are much worse than others. Was there a riot after either of the Rockets championships? I don't remember any.

19. IVFL

IVFL Member

What is funny is that the Lakers and Kings played a whole half with the ball. I mean no one noticed, its not like the thing is constantly in your hands. Oh well, its too bad it happened, but when you open your mouth as much as shaq has about the kings, these things are going to happen. He wants to stir the pot, well somone did the same thing to him. Its just too bad he couldnt take the high road all those times before. I dont think this would have happened if he did.:confused:

Also can anyone here remember a star constantly calling out a team and its players like Shaq does. there is something missing in the NBA, class.

20. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

I'm sure I don't give a damn if he appreciates it or not. I'm not saying Shaq is wrong for being mad...I just saying that him pointing out that he doesn't blame the entire city of Sacremento for something that obviously done by one person is like me expecting to get credit for not killing anyone today.