1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thomas Robinson will be

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 21, 2013.

?

He will be

1. David Robinson

24 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Tyrus Thomas

123 vote(s)
    45.2%
  3. Glen Robinson

9 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Kurt Thomas

48 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. Cliff Robinson

14 vote(s)
    5.1%
  6. Kenny Thomas

54 vote(s)
    19.9%
  1. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

All that said, IMHO he's not a lost cause, Omer Asik was arguably a worse offensive player last year than he is this year, though Omer knew he sucked and took the logical approach of almost never shooting, where as Thomas Robinson made the curious choice of figuring that the way to fix bad shooting is to shoot more (ok that's not necessarily wrong... in PRACTICE, but on the court that is bad.)

He did show a strong instinct for grabbing rebound which is very difficult to be taught, and a great motor. and seem to have a serious instinct on defense. these are very solid traits, but again, at this point he's a 1 way player, and unfortunately it's the less glamorous way and his other end is not just bad, it's beyond horrible.

2. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Thomas Robinson will be...

traded for a second round draft pick to make space for Dwight Howard.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I still think they could get a mid first rounder for him.

4. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Anthony Davis not winning ROY is bust status for this season but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. The fact that you didn't list Bradley Beal and Michael Kidd Gilchrist is telling enough. I had high expectations for Harrison Barnes, but averaging 9.2 points and 4.1 rebounds per game was not really meeting expectations. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for his performance in the playoffs though. Lillard and Drummond were highlights though and I was lucky to have both on my fantasy team this year.

What about the Rockets choices too? Jeremy Lamb was buried in the OKC depth chart, Terrence Jones was pretty decent, but he was playing in the D league and not NBA. And I know everyone on this board would like not to hear about Royce White anymore. When the Warriors passed on the Harden for Klay Thompson deal which allowed the Rockets to get Harden, Daryl Morey pretty much saved his job. He sold the team down the river for draft picks and ended up with Jeremy Lamb, Royce White and Terrence Jones. Funny how someones luck can change just like that.

5. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I'd rather a second round draft pick because they don't count against the cap and the contracts can be structured to be partially guaranteed or non-guaranteed.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You have to look at their complete body of work. Barnes, Ezeli and Green were big reasons for their teams sucess during the season and in the playoffs.

7. dantian

dantian Member

TRob is a PF version of Shumpert from NYK. Excellent defender but having stone hands for layups. At worst, he'll be Haslem, Hayes, Tyler Hansborough type of player with even better defense.

8. dantian

dantian Member

dont understand the stromile and tyrus comparison. this guy has great court smarts on defense. his def. potential is rodman, ben wallace sque.

9. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

you might wanna see what all those guy's first or last name has in common...

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hey. You said you were leaving for good.
    No take backs.

11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I think Thomas Robinson is already better than Jordan Hill.

12. amaru

amaru Member

I think he will be Thomas Robinson :)

13. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Not on our team unless we pull some tricks out of a hat

14. munco

munco Member

Right now he's worse than all of the guys on the poll. I hope I'm wrong but right now I don't think he'll be as good as any of those guys listed. I didn't vote because of this.

15. munco

munco Member

Barnes started on a very talented team and averaged 25 minutes a game. 9/4 in 25 minutes a game for a rookie on a playoff team is pretty good. And then when you factor in his defense, the kid had a very good year. If he was on a bad team he'd probably play 35 minutes and average 16/17 a game.