1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This year's Rockets team is just not as good

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketMAD, Apr 23, 2019.

1. kevtse

kevtse Member

Hate to say this but we have zero chance to beat the warriors. We have a bunch of brick throwers while they have some elite shooters.

BasketMAD and RichieBanks like this.
  2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm sorry are we down 1-3?

Remlap, AB423 and Rockets Rule like this.
  3. Caprah

Caprah Member

They are up 3-1 on a jazz team with the second best defense in the entire league

CCity Zero and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. mastan

mastan Member

Last year team had 65 wins, taller players... it took cheating from officials and CP3 injury for them to loose in game 7 against a team with 4-5 All Stars. In my book they were champion last year .

5. smokieethabear

Man ClutchFans needs to take a Xanax and chill. One loss to a solid defensive team on the road with a bunch of rabid fans yelling throughout and the GARM is getting filled with negativity.

If the Jazz were such a bad team how come they are the 5th seed in a competitive western conference? Yet we still took one at their house!

If we have no chance of beating the Warriors how come they lost to the 7th seed Clips at home?

Everyone needs to chillax a bit. We'll finish em in 5. Not sure what will happen the next series but it's gonna be a long one and we have a solid chance at taking the series.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Last year's rockets made me feel like we were in control of every game vs any team not named the Warriors. Even when we're down, I felt like we can win through CP3 and Harden's domination.

This year's Rockets feel like pretenders and can lose any early lead they come up in the 2nd half. CP3 seems like he's lost couple steps and is only good every couple games.

Meanwhile... Warriors was like a sleeping giant who was still in cruise control heading into the playoffs then Pat Bev and the Clippers woke them up and reminded them they are playing the Rockets in round 2.

I feel like Harden's playoff nightmares are going to happen again next series, not as bad shooting wise but definitely more turnovers and this time CP3 won't be there to take over the game like last year and our role players will stink up the joint.

Still hoping we can pull out the miracle wins against the Warriors. I don't have high hopes for next season when CP3/Tucker gets older and we're still salary capped from paying CP3 40mil a year.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hahah, this place might need 2-3 Xanax.. ****ing a, also on a side note it's even better, GSWs lost to an 8th seed (I'm sure you knew that but just has a nice ring to it), and they really didn't look that hot last game either against the Clips

Regardless of the refs, I feel Houston still has the best chance to dethrone the Warriors. If I'm wrong well, I guess I'm wrong, but I really think Houston can do it, GSWs don't play defense like the Jazz do.

smokieethabear likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why dun y'all let the Outcome determine how gud we are!

No Excuses!

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They play Defense but not the same Defense.

Utah is basically heavily reliant on Rudy Gobert and all those other guys are helpers.

Bucks and GSW have several guys, they swarm teams with Draymond, Looney, Iggy, Klay who are equally their main defenders.

In Bucks' case they have A.kounmpo, Bledsoe, Sterling Brown(Brogdon), Middleton and Splash Mountain.

BasketMAD likes this.
  10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Bunch of wuss. You don’t deserve the rockets.

Believe!

The Nazis already took over if it were up to you.

Hakeemtheking, BeBreezy and BigShasta like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Pay attention, people!

[​IMG]

smokieethabear and Remlap like this.
  12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

This is wrong

We’re worse at grabbing the defensive rebound this year and it’s been an all year thing.

It’s not the offense or defense.

Every team warriors included go thru dry spells.

Hell we just saw a week ago GS blow a 32 point lead in 12 min.

You guys overreact to every loss.

It’s the playoffs your playing good to great teams.

Jazz are at worst the 4th best team in the west and pretty even with Portland so you can make a case for 3rd best.

Their also the best defensive team in the league.

It shouldn’t be a suprise that it’s been hard for us to score on them.

The blow outs in game 1 and 2 were more surprising that the slug fest if games 3-4.

And we actually had the lead going into the 4th.

Rockets are fine.

This is prob the best defense they’ll face all year.

As good as GS is they don’t have the rim protection like Utah so it will be much easier for Harden to do what he likes to do.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That could also depend on if we pick up another star 3 PT shooter. We have a lot of streaky Sams.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I think we're better than last year we have more weapons in Faried,Rivers, and House but it's up to MDA to use them wisely.

15. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Up 3-1 and this nonsense thread...

16. bj3175

bj3175 Member

AMEn this thread is not worthy of our team. This team is clearly better keep in mind though that last years team had an off season prior to the season to jell this teams core wasnt complete until a few weeks ago. Chemistry needs time to build to its maturity. We got the team we just need to go out and compete and everybody do their job and we will be there.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

Henny Penny :)

Remlap likes this.
  18. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

These guys act like this forum is for OKC.
    How about a little faith? How about diversity is ok... How about it’s not a perfect world.. How about we wait and see? I get it... some people just leave the game early... call it a mindset. :)

Hakeemtheking and Remlap like this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

House is the one that needs to step it up. Lets hope his streaky shooting gets red hot against GSW. They have much better 3 PT shooters than us, so we can't afford for him to stay in a funk. Shumpert has barely played and Rivers has been shooting great from the arc and playing well defensively.

The real question I have is, who is better defending the Warriors? House or Shumpert?

20. Denovo

Denovo Member

Thank you lol