1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This Week in the West

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rimrocker, Mar 10, 2008.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Some interesting games coming up...

Monday:

NJ @ Houston (No jinxing... a win here would be good.)

Denver @ San Antonio (I expect SA to win, but would love to see the Nuggs roll.)

NY @ Dallas (Hey, it could happen...)

Tuesday:

Utah @ Chicago (Utah's not good on the road... I'll root for the Bulls just this once.)

Memphis @ PHX (ehhhh...)

Toronto @ LAL (Hey, it could happen...)

Wednesday:

Houston @ Atlanta

Utah @ Milwaukee (Hey, it could happen...)

San Antonio @ NO (It's all good.)

Charlotte @ Dallas (Backend of two in a row on the road for D.)

Memphis @ Denver (Best case scenario is for Nuggs is to beat SA and lose here.)

Toronto @ GS (Toronto gets GS a night after LAL... this could be ugly.)

Thursday:

GS @ PHX (I would love for PHX to not make the playoffs, but it's a backend travel game for GS)

Friday:

Charlotte @ Houston

Utah @ Boston (Solid chance for a Utah L here.)

San Antonio @ Detroit (Solid chance for a SA L here.)

LAL @ New Orleans (It's all good.)

Indiana @ Dallas (C'mon Granger!)

Toronto @ Denver (Slim chance, but it could happen.)

Saturday:

San Antonio @ Philly (The 76ers owe us one.)

Utah @ New Jersey (Boki owes us one.)

Sacramento @ Phoenix (Artest owes us one.)

Memphis @ Golden State (Gay owes us one.)

On paper, a favorable week for the Rockets.

2. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Good heads up thread. Good no-jinxing.

I too have been looking ahead at other team's schedules and NO/SA/DEN/UTA have tough ones.

NO/SA/DEN because they play within themselves and have to play teams like Boston and Detroit outside of themselves...

UTA because they are not good on the road and they are going on a 4 game road trip. This 4 game trip could really shape their season...

3. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

as much as I hate Lakers, spurs, I don't really feel like rooting for undersving teams like toronto,philly to beat them. I say lets just keep the streak going, and beat the fakers by ourself.

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

A Nets fan made the following observation:

Like what happened in Superbowl, the underdog NY team goes up against 18-0 and WINS.

Clever, but i hope it doesnt come true

5. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

The Nuggets are done.

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Don't try any of that reverse-jinx stuff around here, buddy. ;)

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I think the game vs Atlanta is the one that'll catch us sleeping. They're a potentially scary team with those athletic, versatile players. I hope I'm wrong!!!!

8. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

I was thinking about this too, but Giants lost in the regular season to the Patriots!

9. MONON

MONON Member

It's nice to look at the possibilities this week, but we really should simply focus on NJ tonight. If we don't focus on 1 game at a time, all our hard work during this streak will be for naught. Just remember that the Lakers lost to the Kings at home and we almost did.

Time will bring other games to us. Lets just concentrate on the game at hand.

10. LFE171

LFE171 Member

I think the rockets know that ATL was the team that snapped our 15 game streak back in 93-94. Tmac and adelman know to bring it. They got bibby, joe johnson, josh smith and al horford. Outside of them, its pretty much scrubs. (granted acie law can shoot lights out)

Oh, but we needa take out vince carter's boys tonight first. No jinxing, but devin harris likes to flop alot agains the rockets (hell...the rest of the league too)

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

NBA.COM

POWER RANKINGS
    TEAM (FEB. 11) REC. BREAKDOWN
    1 San Antonio (2) 41-17 Off: 109.9 (11), Def: 103.8 (3) -- Winners of nine straight, the champs are back up top for the first time since Dec. 10. More important, Tony Parker looked pretty healthy Sunday night in New Jersey.

2 Houston (3) 39-20 Off: 107.6 (16), Def: 102.5 (2) -- Maybe you thought the Rockets would beat the Wizards and Grizzlies after Yao went down. But, admit it. You thought they would lose to the Nuggets on Sunday. Well, you forgot about the Rockets' defense, which has a ridiculously good 92.1 rating in the three Yao-less games.

3 L.A. Lakers (1) 42-18 Off: 113.4 (3), Def: 106.0 (5) -- You could chalk up Friday's loss in Portland, which ended the Lakers' 10-game winning streak, to fatigue. And you can chalk up Sunday's win over the Mavs to my new pick for MVP (sorry, KG), Kobe Bryant.

4 Boston (6) 46-12 Off: 111.3 (10), Def: 100.4 (1) -- I caught some flack last week for putting the team with the best record in the league outside of the Top 5 (for the first time this season). But I didn't tell them to lose three straight. Maybe now that they've won five in a row, Boston fans will like me better.

5 Detroit (5) 43-16 Off: 113.2 (4), Def: 103.8 (4) -- We only get Celtics-Pistons three times this season, so Wednesday's game in Boston will decide the season series and is a must-watch if there ever was one. Boston's lead for the top seed is currently 3 1/2 games.

12. yobod

yobod Member

The players have to be the ones focusing on NJ, and keeping it to one game at a time, and I think the Rockets have done a damn good job of doing that during this streak. As fans, we are allowed to be dreamers, and look ahead to the next few games. There wouldn't be a whole lot to talk about if we didn't look ahead every now and then. You can only analyze a game that has yet to happen so many ways.

13. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

It alternates between reverse-jinx and reality for me. I dreaded the Phoenix and San Antonio games, and we won both. I was optimistic about Utah, and we got b****-slapped. It sounds stupid, and it sounds like a cop-out, but it honestly depends on which Nugs team shows up. If we play to the best of our ability, we can beat any team in the league. If we don't, we can lose to Miami.