1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This title shows that the Harden show can work if..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Jun 20, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

You pair him with a guy like Kyrie and the team can play defense. I mean they do not win without that guy averaging 25+, going 40% on threes and just nailing that clutch shot. Those iso plays by Lebron is what Harden gets a bad rep for while he's even more effective at it than Lebron. Cleveland doesn't play that great team basketball on offense, just a lot of 1-on-1 and with Lebron passive play at times, it's almost like him and Harden are doing the same things. Except of course, Lebron works hard on the other end. If Harden just does that and have that PG like Conley, we can definitely win that trophy. People think pairing Harden with a top back court teammate wouldn't work, but when Harden / Lebron is off, someone else needs to be able to take over.

2. Drogba

Drogba Member

It also shows Iso-ball still has a place in the League. The only other players in the League that can do what Kyrie did against the Dubs are our James & KD.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

yep, we need another 20+ppg scorer who can create for himself and a bunch of role players who accept their roles playing proper D. Even then it's not enough because Lebron is a once in a generational talent compared to Harden. Basically, we need Durant on this team or we ain't making the finals in the Harden era.

4. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Harden is more effective than Lebron in the regular season, but nlt in the playoffs.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Definitely. Olajuwon iso was also a thing ;)

6. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

LeBron is 31 and Harden is 26. There's still plenty of time for Harden to define his legacy, let's see what he can do.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

And even though Lebron is clearly the best player in the world, he was not as effective as today when he played with Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, a declining Big Z...Harden has still work to do, but he also needs better players next to him.

9. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Exactly my friend, let's see what Morey can do. If only everyone on the board could see this like you and I. Harden is pretty special and really could be anything, his legacy is yet to be determined.

10. conquistador#11

yeah if harden is lebron and how do we move to the east?

1 person likes this.
  11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'll give you the harden/lebron argument on offense... but asking harden to play lebron level defense is a pipe dream.

also, pairing harden with another one of the leagues best offensive weapons (who can also D up the leagues mvp) is another pipe dream.

also, pairing that imaginary duo with a coach who can get the team to play defense like the cavs team is apparently another pipe dream so long as les is calling the shots.

and lets not forget the luxury of having a 3rd option like love, one of the hardest working bigs in the league in thompson, and a bunch of hungry vets...

12. chandlerbang21

So harden can do what lebron does?

13. chandlerbang21

The homerism is strong in this one

14. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Lol so u expect Harden to do chase down blocks ?

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he has the tools.. and he was a solid defender when he was playing with KD..

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

No, Harden won't be chasing down any blocks Lebron style. Not even if he wanted to and tried.

But, I've always turned my nose up at isoball; and Durant/Westbrook as well as Kyrie/Lebron have shown that you can win with that style of play.

I think the key is having two players that can do it at a high level and surrounding them with shooters, rebounders, and defenders. The Rockets should definitely target all of the top perimeter scorers on the market this offseason and land one at all costs.

Definitely risky, but I'd target Beal.

17. Lightsnowaction

Also Harden must show up every game in the playoffs and try on defense as well.

18. Lightsnowaction

Not sure defensively, but every other way. Harden has the potential to.

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i've been saying a 2nd go to scorer is better than surrounding harden with good role players. there's a good chance morey can do both if he believes in the end of the bench players

20. dawesome

dawesome Member

Whats interesting is how Love could accept his role at Cleveland. Surely all his numbers are lower than when he was with previous team. I believe Lebron has the leadership to convince Love and all his teammates to take their roles.