1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team will never win anything with Brock Osweiler at QB!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Texans fans a little too sensitive over Denver and the media. They won the super bowl and looked good with a brand new scrub qb, of course theyre gonna get praise

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I know entirely too many broncos fans even though I'm not from CO. My one thought as that kick was missed was "crap, they're going to be insufferable tomorrow".

Please, Brock...please put up a 300/4 td/0 int game. Please?

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I know they're just waiting for Brock to fail so they can jump all over me about it. I reeeaaallly need Brock to play well and shut everyone up.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its not that unfounded... the media narrative would have you believe that Simien was a huge factor last night, and Peyton was the reason they were in the SB.... when the QB play/position probably remains their biggest weakness.

Their defense STILL doesn't get enough credit. Kubiak get portrayed as Elway's puppet, when this system/scheme is all his now (and basically carried Elway during his last playing years). And C.J. Anderson barely gets a snippet.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

NFL offenses that have sound blocking schemes, talent at RB/WR, and a QB that doesn't make bone-head decisions... are going to do very well.

The Kubiak system still has a foot-hold in today's hurry-up/throw 50 times game. Its all based on strength of foundation. The O'brien system isn't that far off... but he does like to throw a few wrinkles in, and I do like the offense's ability to be multi-faceted.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hell, even some people here are buying into it. If Brock plays as tragically as Siemian did last night then the world will be coming to an end yet that poor performance is being called "solid" by some. It's just crazy.

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

No joke, that sounds absolutely horrible. I went to school in missouri, so I had to deal with Cardinals baseball fans every year, and now the 30-0 playoff game against the chiefs is reiterated to me every time I try and talk football. But your situation sounds way more annoying..

8. Mr. Clutch

Hmm, I don't know. All i heard was how good their defense is and how they won despite Peyton. But maybe it as different sources

9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

No, not unfounded at all. The only time I have heard the media praise the bronco defense as a source of the wins was when an overpaid scrub named Brock won 5 of 7 games. It just doesnt seem fair that even if we win, Brock has to play lights out or he will get ridiculed. Whereas Siemien barely held on, lost the ball twice in the red zone area, and even one of his passing TDs was just awesomeness by CJ Anderson.

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Also, that wasnt the Denver media. That was announcers during the first game of the NFL season. And there was no need to specifically call out what a "genius" Elway is, they did it just to help the narrative.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

They did win despite Peyton. Peyton was bad, but their defense was too good. Still is.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And yet Peyton spent 2-3 series in the booth (where he's actively rooting for the team while the commentators are gushing over every word he says), and Simien is the guy they chose to interview after the game.

The media fully well knows why the Broncos are good... yet they continue to purposely push the narrative because that's what a lot of fans eat up, and that's what's annoying.

They did the same thing with Brock last year too, and they immediately turned on him when he left. Its just what they do.

13. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

It doesn't really bother me what Elway, Denver Fans, or the media says about Brock Osweiler. For the Texans it was the right decision, anyone outside of Houston doesn't know what it was like to be on the Quarterback carousel for 3 years straight, so they don't have the same perspective that we do.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'd say if anybody did understand it... it would have been the Broncos, who were basically going through a different QB every 2-3 years after the Elway era... till they finally took a chance on Manning.

They're about to go through it again... unless they really think Paxton Lynch is the future.

15. Mr. Clutch

I would have preferred taking a QB in the draft at some point in the past 3 years, but Brock looked really good last preseason game.

Lynch has shown pretty good promise but played out of the shotgun most preseason I think

16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Cleveland might have an idea.. And I bet they would kill for Brock.

17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I guess in the end, what it comes down to, is that Brock needs to play well not just so our team does well, but also to silence everyone. I really hope he does.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Siemien didnt look good last night. Wait til his first road game..........lol.

19. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

20. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member