1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team is terribad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 19, 2010.

1. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

Indeed, we sux nutz.

2. Hball

Hball Member

This team is built around the Adelman's former kings not yao, that's why he struggled to fit in because he's a low post half court player playing with a high post uptempo team.

3. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Excellent post

4. TMacAttack

TMacAttack Member

Amen to that

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Yeah, I don't think so. Maybe you guys like being overly optimistic, but I would rather not lose to teams like the Wizards and Raptors. Are you eff'ing kidding me?? This group looks completely apathetic and jaded. They're marred with chemistry issues and it's quite apparent. I hate watching the team that used to never give up look like it doesn't give a ****....

6. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

My man, some peepz just have high expectations. It's some fans just going through the motions, first its denial, then acceptance.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The one guy the team could not afford to lose is out for probably 4 more weeks.

Aaron Brooks could always get you a good look late, now we don't have that, and Kyle has to play against starters etc, and can't go all out against scrubs.

That one little change right there, makes the Rockets a losing team......AB may not be perfect, but he is vital to this team.

DD

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I actually agree. But I think Martin and Brooks are just too redundant. Especially on defense. However, I do think we'd be doing quite a bit better with Brooks. In the long run though, it doesn't matter. This team needs a major overhaul and more so than anything, I don't like the coaching scheme. The thing is, we don't have bad defensive players. Lowry, Lee, Hill, Hayes, and Battier are more than adequate. The fact that we're this bad is blowing my mind...

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Tank time baby.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I can see your point, but Martin is more effective as a 2nd rung guy, and while Brooks is no Superstar, he is the first option, and fits in that way.

Brooks is the only guy on the team that can create a good shot for himself and others...the ONLY one.....and he is the one guy they could not afford to lose.

Sure they were struggling with him at the beginning of the year, but that was more about Yao trying to fit in...and the roles not being defined, and at least they were close.

Now we are losing to bad teams by double digits.....Aaron Brooks is the key to this season....and he is out for quite a bit longer...

Dang.....I think this season may be over already.....CRAP !

DD

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Put that defensive lineup in and they'll struggle to score 80 points a game.

the problem is our defensive line can't play offense and our offensive line can't play defense.

12. JoeZ

JoeZ Member

We went from being defensive minded with Jvg to Offense oriented with Adelman and now we are lost. Our team has no identity and its a bit of a mess right now. When the offense is not producing and we can play D, we are sitting ducks. This is not looking so great.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I agree about the Brooks' thing. In that first game against the Lakers when Brooks came out firing, this team was clicking. When he went downhill, so did the team. Obviously we have learned that Lowry is NOT starting material.

But again, pinning your hopes on a 6 ft guard not named Allen Iverson is a bit risky. Hell, it was risky with Iverson as well. At this point there pretty much has to be a trade. This team needs to get itself together, and fast.

I think the season is pretty much over with Yao and Brooks out for at least a month longer. Then when they come back we'll have additional chemistry issues. Pair that with our coaching staff refusing to instill any sort of discipline into our players and lo and behold: the 2010-2011 Houston Rockets!

Red Rising!!!! (and by that I mean my blood pressure...)

14. JoeZ

JoeZ Member

....Cant play "D", I meant to post.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dude. The funny thing is we play guys that look overhill and don't do anything in the off season to get something that is both experienced and athletic. I see opposing players with young guys in the post cut, out rebound, and dunk over our post players thinking "it's like play against my dad" because it is. I can understand not playing a young inexperienced guy like Hill or Patterson. But why didn't this team go after a Tyson Chandler, Al Harrington, Al Jefferson, C. Boozer or Josh Smith in the offseason? Experienced athletic post players is what we need. That would change Rockets basketball alot.. We grab a Brad Miller and pay him how much? LOL.. ****in' fire that b*stard Morey.. what an idiot.

16. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

What a stupid f%^&ing response. Really?!? Are you REALLY playing the "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" card? That's sad, man. Really sad.

Typical complacent, homer, loser "I'm a REAL fan" BS. You make me sick.

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Yeah, I hate this bs "real fan" attitude. I've articulated my point decently enough. If someone has something to add to the discussion and prove me wrong, so be it. But to just say that I should "stop posting" or "become a heat fan" is just idiotic...

18. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

^^

Funny thing is, they won't stick around to back up their BS comments. I'm right here.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Agreed, but they wont be back. It's all pretty typical moronic behavior...

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

There is no player on this roster that is "the answer" to their problem.