1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This Rockets Squad Is NOT Championship-Ready

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABS, Feb 14, 2017.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U figured OP would learn from his first bad thread, nope! made another similar thread, just thread has a different name. Dude don't b starting another one of these thread next week.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets are not a true contender. That is true. Only 2 teams are GS & CLE. You could throw SA in there but I don't think they have enough to take out one of the powerhouse teams.

Record isn't everything. The Rockets are a very good team. But they won't be in the finals because GS is a superior team on both ends of the court.

That doesn't mean it's not worth watching. And it doesn't mean Morey has to hit the panic button. We should just enjoy the fact this season went better than most of us expected.

LjGarci likes this.
  3. ABS

ABS Member

Got ya, buddy.

....wait a minute. Say, "please" first.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

In one ear and out the other~~~~

5. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

You better be-careful bro before a poster accuses you of being someone else and wants to fight you at 24 hour fitness...lol..Anyways, having more scoring is great but I would rather a tall defensive center that can hustle, rebound, and cover up team defense. Ibaka was extremely ideal. I believe that Gordon will come around and he is dealing with nagging injuries. Beverly looks awfully good out there.

ABS likes this.
  6. ABS

ABS Member

Can't believe they would fight poor 'ole me. But yeah, I agree with your point. Ibaka was so much what we needed, I can't believe Morey didn't fight harder to get that boy.

Im just waiting to learn from Rob Hennigan or the Media to what Hennigan was asking for, for Ibaka.

If come to find out he wanted something like:

- Dekker
    - Anderson (or Montrezl)
    -1st rd pick
    -Brewer

And Morey turned that down to protect Dekker, THAT WOULD BE A DAY THAT LIVES IN INFAMY!

Id be calling for his head on a stake!

Haha

FTW Rockets FTW and Purvis2Short like this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

thx @KlutchQT for bringing this poster to our attention.

Wow, do you actually go around Pasting the same post (the identical post) all over the GARM.
    That's so weird.

From the thread,
    Does Rox Fans See Dekker and Anderson As Our Future Going Forward

From the thread,
    Anderson's Trash

@Os Trigonum Should we start a thread about posters who repeat themselves ... seems to be a rash of them -- @bilaal14 , @ABS and @celebrevida (the Dish Kawhi fanatic) . I just can't figure out which Forum to post it in.

Os Trigonum and Jontro like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Jontro and heypartner like this.
  10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

you could put any player ranked 7-25 in the league on this team and they are still not a championship team.

11. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Karl Anthony Towns....we win the championship.

12. ABS

ABS Member

That does look interesting but I swear to you guys, Im not using multiple accounts. Just this one. Aint got time to do multiple accounts, haha. I got a family of boys if I want to play around lik that. Haha.

By the way, one of those posters (I think) actually disagree with me about K.J. whom is high on my list. So, there is differences between us.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

oh wow, that's a great one. It's funny you mentioned him, I think he is the one guy I would flip harden for. like roughly, KAT+wiggins+picks for beard and i'm in. I know i'll get crucified for this but whatever.....

Jontro and Purvis2Short like this.
  14. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

That dude is a beast. I'm watching him destroy the Cavaliers. Harden would put him in spots to get about 40 points a game. In addition, his 3 point shot is coming around.

T for 3 likes this.
  15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

defense is inconsistent. rely on harden to do everything. run 4-6 guys into the ground. dont utilize team 100%.

after the 2nd round its a tossup. if they can do 3/4 things above, they can beat the spurs or warriors but they cant do it twice.

16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

i agree, put him on this current team and we could probably give gsw a real run. (still don't think we'd win), but that would be sick

17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I'll come back to this thread in June.
    After we win the finals.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I think it would be funny if you started another....don't even change the title this time.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Don't rule out the possibility that this could be another _holic account with the baseline of opinion being Rockets cannot win a championship . Except that under _holic, you get Rubio as primary playmaker and move Harden off the ball to be Championship Ready and as ABS you get rid of Ryan Anderson and Dekker for Ibaka, Wilson Chandler etc

jopat = _holic = bobbythefail = joomba = purvis2short = Van Nguyen = ABS

Os Trigonum likes this.