1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This Player +/- Stat from last game is shocking

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Oct 27, 2016.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

If you agree, then you must like the post. That is the law.

BigMaloe, kjayp and heypartner like this.
  2. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm not sure Capela would've held up for much longer, so I don't think the Nene over Capela criticism is legitimate. Perhaps you can blame MDA for not putting Harrell in for Nene to keep the PnR game going and match up with the Lakers' athleticism, but I think there are other reasons that didn't happen.

I believe it's more fair to criticize them for playing Ennis and Brewer versus giving another 10 minutes to McDaniels, but I think they are trying to make up their minds about Ennis' 4th contract year and perhaps rehab Brewer.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's really never been much of a creator for others

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

That's why we have Beverley, I guess. Haha

Honestly, I think Sessions would have been perfect as a backup Harden. The guy is made to drive. You will not get more FTA's and APG's per buck than Sessions. He can't shoot, but why would you ever have him play with Harrden?

basketballholic likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Cleveland 128 Houston 120

Harden
    38 minutes +10

Rockets without Harden
    10 minutes -18​

The Rockets lose 18 points in the 10 minutes without Harden on the floor!

Shocking ... I tell you.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The play of KJ , Gordon , and Dekker and nene is encouraging . Hopefully we can get bev and Dmo and mix and match even better as the season goes on . But in the interim I suspect the trend will continue . Especially if harden keeps playing well and Brewer keeps finding PT

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's really frustrating. On the one hand I am sure Morey and MDA want to give Brewer minutes so that he can improve his value. That sucks.

OTOH I have to keep the big picture in mind. We're not really competing for anything this season, so it is actually a golden opportunity to get rid of Brewer. It makes sense to give him some time, especially since KJ is still getting SOME minutes.

So I guess we have to root for Brewer to get on a hot streak. I just worry that this game was his hot streak.

8. heypartner

Ariza got stitches during the game. That's why Brewer played 20 minutes

9. CertifiedTroll

Play KJ, play Dekker, play anyone.. Not Brewer..

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Exactly . Brewer played like 6 fourth quarter minutes . KJ was rested and could have played those . I can understand not wanting to play Dekker then tho

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

McDaniels and Brewer for Rudy Gay.

Gay isn't very good but he is better than Brewer.

Cleans up our cap as well.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I honestly wouldn't mind gay. He would be a much better rotation player obviously. Would give us some playmaking ability and would free up cap space this off season. He would be great off the bench.

That said I'm not sure I give up kj for him. He's slowly becoming a good rotation player and can play fast. I would do brewer+dekkar tho.

13. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

I want to know why Harrell didn't get any time against Love. Love was dominating our pf's (we had to resort to Nene guarding him). I know he doesn't offer much on offense but come on.. he was dominating in preseason

pippendagimp likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not a good excuse. There are numerous better players than Brewer who would have been better giving those minutes to. KJ McDaniels is the obvious choice. Hopefully we won't have to deal with yet another head coach that falls in love with Corey Brewer, that really needs to just be a JBB thing.

15. heypartner

I'm not making excuses. Sorry I mentioned it.

Great. Now this thread will turn into yet another **** on Brewer thread. And trade talk. Go find another one...no reason to repeat it all in this thread, too. There are already two Sewer threads bumped earlier tonight.

and btw: KJ played 20 minutes and Dekker 14. You guys are calling for MDA's head over a few freaking minutes, when Brewer actually had one of his tolerable games....with an Ariza injury.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't mean it in that way, just pointing out that playing a terrible player over better options is a bad idea. Simple as that.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

How is that even possible? In 10 minutes of basketball without harden the Rockets were out scored by 18 points?

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, according to some people's logic here, taking the ball away from your best player is stupid.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It will be said times again. Harden is one of the best, and the Rocket's best individual player - does not equal - Best team player

He has proven that he can co exist partly with Durant in OKC but the Dwight project was mediocre at best, he was not able to coexist with another perennial allstar consistently.

Trust issues, chemistry issues, Issues with himself, his entitlement issue after the Adidas contract and so on

Easy and kjayp like this.
  20. finsraider

finsraider Member

Really confused how people are turning our lack of bench production into a Harden hatefest.

James is playing the best basketball of his career. His "selfishness" has consistently led to leads that are ultimately surrendered when he sits.

The problem is clearly the bench, or more specifically, our lack of depth. If Beverley were starting, our defense would be better and Gordon would be able to provide more punch off the bench. In the LAL and 2nd DAL game, we saw the offense collapse in the 2nd half. We simply cannot sustain leads relying on Gordon, Brewer, McDaniels, Dekker and Nene to generate enough offense.

And to be honest, I'm not really in favor of staggering our starters minutes in order to help the bench. We need Harden/Anderson/Capela to continue to build with one another. They've proven to be a near unstoppable trio on the offensive end, and when Bev gets back, I think we will see a face lift from the starting unit with Bev, Ariza and Capela able to switch effectively.

heypartner likes this.