1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This new trade makes NO SENSE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Jun 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. hooroo

hooroo Member

I think Chuck has two more years plus a team option on the third.

2. kevdude

kevdude Member

I say we all become optimistic, it all isn't official that they're on the team,
    so we can use them for later trade baits. :)

3. htownbball

htownbball Member

yall need to watch donte greene. led the team in scoring as a freshman. and yea, he did have horrible shot selection, but so did kevin durant his 1st year in the NBA. greene is a very good athlete who is more than just a 3 point shooter. he has the size to post up smaller SF's and he can shoot from midrange as well. ball handling is a bit iffy, but he was just a freshman. dont sleep on him. he has major upside and he has the tools to reach it. he may not be a superstar, but he could be a major scoring contributor.

4. caneks

caneks Rookie

The Arthur deal is more attractive. Greene? no.

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Why do we need an Chuck Hayes anyway???

6. htownbball

htownbball Member

how is the arthur deal more attractive? he's 6'8 215lbs...he's smaller than greene and arthur is a PF.

7. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

i used to go to SYracuse so i watched all the Cuse games....donte green is a ****tier tim thomas right now, last i checked Durant still shot 50% in college..........green might have the size to post smaller SF"s but he's got no post game so forget about that.....forget the midrange, this kid just loves to settle and jack shots.........he's not exactly the hardest worker either so he's a bust waiting to happen, a guy who could've been.......but it just never clicks.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You guys that responded proved my point: IF Dorsey makes the team, we don't need Chuck. But since Chuck is a more proven player, why pick a dumb rock with a sorry attitude like Dorsey?

9. YugoRocketsFan

If this trade happens, its the biggest mistake the Rockets will EVER make, IMO.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Joey Dorsey is a brickhouse. He is the bruiser we are looking for off the bench. He rebounds and block shots as good as anyone in the draft. He is our backup center. So what if he is on the small side, he plays big, think Ben Wallace big. He is a monster on the offensive boards. He is our backup center and can get physical with any big in the league.

Donte Green is our roll of the dice pick. He may or may not work out. But the kid has so much upside that he is worth a shot. He is our backup SF if he does work out and he may eventually make Battier or 6th man.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Of course Chuck is the more proven player, but that shouldn't stop Morey from picking up a player he likes. Dorsey has way more potential than Chuck ever had, and Chuck turned out to be halfway decent.

12. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Because physically, he's an upgrade over Chuck Hayes. That's the best case scenario. Worst case scenario is he doesn't pan out and we don't have to offer him a guaranteed contract. Not much harm there.

The bigger question mark is Greene. I like the guy's shot. It's nice as hell. But his shot selection, not so much. Comparisons to a taller JR Smith or a Tim Thomas sounds about valid now, and that's what scares me. JR Smith on a good day is nitro off the bench. Tim Thomas on a good day is sulky. Either way, the odds favour Greene as a bust more than as a hit.

13. Dei

Dei Member

Well, thinking that we got 3 players instead of 2, it makes perfect sense.

14. DreamRoxCoogFan

clearly, then, youre not familiar with the rockets draft history.

15. dafranchise0309

This getting confusing! Who do have have officially? So far it seems like we have Joey Dorsey, Maarty Lunam, Greene, Arthur, and I am just waiting for everything to become final.

16. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Just seen on ESPN news that it is Arthur and Dorsey

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

As an athlete, Dorsey blows Chuck away. But he isn't very bright and has attitude problems. I think it was a waste to trade for him. But I would be very happy to be wrong about his Rockets future.

18. Shay

Shay Member

It makes a lot of sense , if we ended up with Green it menas we wnated him all along because we had the chance to choose between him and the others.
    On top of that we turned the 54 to 33 and got Dorsey and also got a future 2009 2nd round pick from Memphis which will be an early 2nd rounder.

19. faraza84

faraza84 Member

i think we might have gotten dorsey so we can save the MLE so we dont have to use it on landry and we can scare him to taking less. but greene looks good i just wish we had batum.

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I guess you don't remember drafting Rodney McCray over Clyde...or passing up Rashard Lewis TWICE in the first round in favor of Bryce Drew and a guy who never played in a NBA game...or trading Richard Jefferson and Collins for Eddie Griffin...

This isn't even close.