1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This loss is on MDA not Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Harden was very stupid the last 30 seconds, and let a dumbass like smart get into his head so easily.Grow the **** up and start learning to let things slide. You cant let a bad thing keep compiling on.
    But this is on Mike no matter how you cut it. He didnt make one good move today and everytime he is against a good coach it badly shows how bad he is IN GAME. He gets exposed everytime.
    1. The 3rd quarter lead went from 24 to 13 before he called a TO even though we turned the ball over 3 straight times and it was too obvious we needed a TO
    2. He always preaches we dont matchup with anyone they match up with us.....then y did u keep NeNe in the game when baynes was in for them. That was the turning point, baynes clogging up the paint. Put ryno at the 5 and the problem is solved, but he has no ingame adjustments period.
    3.The refs were horrible and he didnt get a T. I dont care what you do throw a water bottle at Brothers if u have to, you cant let that **** slide.
    4.Refuses to play black in the second half for more then 3 min, but then inserts him when we need 2 stops in the finals 2 possessions on D. The defense is switching eitherway so WHY PUT BLACK. smart drives easy layup.
    He Then puts black in AGAIN after james hits his FTs with 0 timeouts!!! so if boston score we have a 4v5 situation cuz black cant inboun or shoot. PUT weber!!! who is known for nothing but his defense.

BAD LOSS. Mental lapses from our star.Pathetic coaching.

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Have you grown to HATE MIKE D’ANTONI?

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No, it's on both of them.

Harden began throwing the game away when he didn't take the 3rd quarter seriously at all and threw the ball to Boston repeatedly. Gave them life. Proceeded to hoist bricks for a majority of the rest of the game. D'Antoni made zero adjustments and continued to watch the lead slip away. Just let the team hoist isolation 3's in the 4th quarter. Barely even called a time out.

One of the most predictable Rockets chokes in recent memory. Could see it coming from a mile away. These kind of 4th quarters happen ALL THE TIME.

It was no different than the McHale-era, which makes me think that the issue is mostly Harden in those situations, which is concerning. It is impossible to trust the Rockets to close out tough games because there are no adjustments. The refs were bad, sure, but hardly were the reason for the loss. The same exact problems happen every time, and it never changes.

Unfortunately...I have to say that my playoff expectations/hopes are greatly tempered at this point. We've watched this 4th quarter offense for years, and because nothing changes, it's hard to be terribly confident against these kind of elite teams. Spurs Game 5 all over again.

#3 J Sizzle, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    felixng2012, Dopamine, lw17 and 11 others like this.
  4. mario_v

mario_v Member

I’m tired of dantoni being called an offensive genius.

He hardly runs any plays. Everything results in an iso 3, pick n roll.

There’s no cutting or off ball movement.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agree with this.

Just to add to OP, Mike also went out there for one/two minutes in the end with Nene and Ryan while Boston was playing small, i mean, Nene can't even jump these days, Ryan was abused (and scored on) for at least two consecutive pick & roll plays by Boston (maybe three, can't remember now), after two/three possession he benched Nene, put Black in after a timeout and what happens is Black is on Smart and instead of giving hm a little bit of space (we were up 3), he stays right in front of him and gets burned for an easy two...i mean, wtf was that?

And on a side note, when they showed MDA on tv after we burned the second timeout (i think) he looked weird, not sure how to say it but i never saw him with that face, i almost thought he was having an heart attack.

#5 Vivi, Dec 28, 2017
    Beardaholic13 likes this.
  6. alethios

alethios Member

We need more....

[​IMG]

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  7. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

The second half rotation was really bad....to add to what you just said,he also started the 4th with harden...and sat him after 1 minute!! ONE MINUTE...talk about being indecisive. Not many fans will know this because its hard to realize coaching mistakes, but he had way way too many. You cant win games like that, not even if you are up 26 suprisingly

J Sizzle and Vivi like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

True, i forgot about that.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well Weber really shouldn't be playing late game minutes. Black shouldn't play at all.

s3ts likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Thought this was ridiculous as well.

s3ts likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bullshit.

You could have replaced Chris Paul, HURT for Harden for the last minute and we win that game.

#11 REEKO_HTOWN, Dec 28, 2017
  12. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

and you could have replaced me with MDA in the 3rd and still won that game...so whats your point?

Gorki, hakeem94 and s3ts like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why not both?

LewLLOYD, J Sizzle and amaru like this.
  14. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

MDA didn't make Harden turn the ball over four straight times in the 3Q, which was the beginning of the epic collapse

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  15. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

because a 25 point second half lead shouldnt be decided in the final minute no matter how you cut it

lw17 likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden killed us with the 3 straight TOs when he tried to go against a double and triple team. He never learns, he always turns the ball over when he gets doubled like that and the ref doesn't give him the benefit of the doubt. He did the same thing in every big playoff moment and he did it last year against the Spurs game 5.

This team sucks in close games. We only won that game against the Warriors because of luck.

Anyways, onto the next L against the Wizards. We gonna keep losing until Cp3, Cap and Luc are back.

lw17 and hakeem94 like this.
  18. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Les sold the team a year too late. If Tilman was the owner back after that 41-41 season, I'm pretty confident that Morey would've brought in JVG instead of Les bringing in his own guy. Anybody that would hold harden accountable for his nightly bs would be a major upgrade over Dumbtoni

lw17 likes this.
  19. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He switches Anderson to Black to guard Horford at the end when Anderson had been doing a pretty good job on him for most of the game. Of course it resulted in an easy basket for Horford. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

cbs1507 likes this.
  20. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

You forget the previous possesion when smart beat black easily for 2...you dont keep anderson in actually, you knew they wanted a 3. Put harden on horford and weber in,switch everything. Instead he puts black in and switches everything like that makes sense :eek::eek:

s3ts and cbs1507 like this.