1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This looks like its gonna be the WORSE Rocket season ever!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Griffin33, Oct 19, 2001.

1. OT

OT Member

While I know it will not be the worse season ever, I do think we will not reach the won/loss record of last year and will be lucky to get the 8th spot. I predict that Rice and Cato will only play half the year because of injuries and if any of the other starters get hurt for any length of time we will be lucky to win 40 games. Next year will be our breakout year. CD will get us a good big man and our youngsters will have another year under their belt and then look out finals here we come.

2. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Gettinbranded I got your back. Since you admitted to the sheep thang you have always been my favorite poster.:D

3. TIburon

TIburon Member

Guys, I see it like this...
    We have always had positive things happen for the Houston Rockets. Meaning you can't always get what you want...

We've been fortunate to have a great GM and coach the past few years...

Think about the things that have gone our way the past few years like adding Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Kevin Willis and Stevie Franchise...
    NO I'm not going to talk about the pathetic Pippen incedent but even when we traded for him we came out better than expected adding Cato(he's still a work in progress), Williams and the hard working Rogers...

Like I posted above getting lucky enough to add Steve Francis alone keeps a smile on my face...

Then we add another stellar 2nd rd pick in that guy called Cuttino... Don't forget about KT also in the 1st rd...

Yes we've lost the Dream and a few others that we would have hoped to keep but after thinking hard about what we have....I HAPPY WITH WHAT WE HAVE AND WHERE WE CAN GO FROM HERE...

We have most of the people already with Franchise, Cat, Moochie, Rice, Taylor(next season), Griffin(the future is bright) and we have a solid supporting cast with KT, Torres, Morris, Williams, Langhi, Cato and Collier..

We are headed in the right direction... It may just take a little longer than we are used to but I'm sure everyone will agree we have the tools to have a good season....

So lets not worry about what could have been and lets get ready for the season at hand...

4. ROCS4LIFE

ROCS4LIFE Member

WHAT! no Francis, I hope Orlando sits down McGrady and Hill so both benches could battle it out. It would be the fair thing to do. Hope we, I mean Rockets still win.

5. RocketFan4ever

RocketFan4ever Contributing Member

AMEN...TIburon......i think you just said what we all are thinking. Patience isnt only something the team has to find we as fans also must find it. We must see that the Rocs dont suck.....they are simply doing the best that they possibly can....with the exception of Cato. We dont have a 500 lb 8 ft center to just feed the ball and have him put in the basket.........aka Shaq. Hell if I was that big Id have a rockets jersey on my back right now. And dont you Laker fans give me **** about talent.....he cant even make a g** d*** free throw......yeah thats some skills. but anyway sorry to jump subjects.....Its going to be an up and down season.....God help us if we start getting injuries......I know we will make it to playoffs....we may not make it far.....but we will be there

what ya think

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Soylent green is made out of people.....PEEEEOOPPPPPLLLE.

If the centers go down again...I might agree it will be a long season, but its too early to be over dramatic and be the harbinger of doom.

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Rice doesn't have a history of season disrupting injuries, and the foot injury that he has only cause him to miss 7 games last year and this summer he got it properly treated and rested, why would he suddenly miss half the season!?

8. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Sheep?

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I knew it!!!!

I thought the Branded ment more than the Elton type! He's into animals!!!

10. IVFL

IVFL Member

No a troll is someone who changes the subject of a thread and just seems to ruin any decent conversation.

An example of a troll would be when someone makes a statement about the team or just a statement in general. the troll would then bring up something that does not even relate to the subject.

He is a little demonstraion of a troll at work.

thread a.
    I dont know how good kenny thomas will be this year he looks thinner and is probalby going to get pushed around

the troll then steps in
    Am i a troll? If I said this I would be a troll

As you see the trolls comments had nothing to do with the discussion at hand. And the thread went down hill from there.

I will let you decide if you are a troll or not

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Not to be a stickler, but shouldn't the title of this thread be "This looks like it's gonna be the WORST Rocket season ever!"?

Sorry. I just hate bad grammar and spelling.

Ok, I'll shut up now...

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

computer geekes make me ill. If you can understand it , thats all that should matter.:mad:

13. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Got it.

So "Senior Member 3000+ posts 'TheFreak' is a troll in this thread: http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23580&pagenumber=1

Very nice. Thank You.

14. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

<body>

<p>It's <font size="7"><b>LOSE</b></font> not <font size="7"><b>LOOSE!!!</b></font></p>
    <p><font size="7"><b>YOU CAN'T LOOSE SOMETHING!!!</b></font></p>

</body>

You can let loose, make loose; cast loose, get loose, etc...and something can become loosed but one can not 'loose.'

:mad: :eek: :( :) :D ;) :p :rolleyes: ;)

#34 Doc Rocket, Oct 19, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2001
  15. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Woman, thou art loosed-T.D. Jakes 2000

16. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Uh huh...

What do you do to your wifes top when you're feeling amorous?

What do you do to the cap on the fruit punch when you're thirsty?

What did Iverson do to MJ's knees the first time they played? :D

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

There is a difference between loose and loosen!

Thank you very much :D

19. Doc Rocket

#39 Doc Rocket, Oct 19, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2001
  20. Doc Rocket

First off, I'm not married...I'm just looking to find some future ex-wives to 'loosen.'

When I'm thirsty, THEN..I loosen the girl's top!! :p

As far as Iverson goes, there was no loosening of the kneecaps...they were FLAT BROKEN! :D [/B][/QUOTE]