1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This looks like its gonna be the WORSE Rocket season ever!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Griffin33, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Griffin33

Griffin33 Member

Everybody is injured this year! We miss out on Marc Jackson and then we loose Dream, Los, Shandon, and almost Moochie! This is gonna be, in my opinion, THE WORST ROCKET SEASON EVER!!!!

2. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Is he a troll?

Because if I said this, then it would make me one.

Just curious.

3. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Francis, Griffin, Rice, and Cato are all out tonight. Rudy said it was precautionary and he wanted to evaluate Jones and Langhi more.

4. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I don't think he's a troll because he actually refers to the team as "we". He identifies himself with the team.

Would you do this? or would you say "your" as in "your team". If you would, then you might be a troll.

5. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Sounds more like a whiner :eek:

6. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Can we get a crying smiley for gettinbranded, or a "cryley". He's seems very hurt and kinda tender from his getting banned-ed.
    ;)

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Sounds like someone got up on the wrongside of the bed this morning....

8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Is it just me, or has this board gotten weirder and weirder lately?

9. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I think he's someone who doesn't know squat about about basketball except what he hears in the school lunchroom.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

ahhh damn we rest our players for one preseason game and the whole season is ruined.... nooooooo whyyyyyy whyyyyy!!!

oiiiii some people get really dramatic lately... offseason really must have stressed and screwed alot of people psychologically alot more than expected

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Must be the Anthrax.... Heck what else could it be? Damn Anthrax!
    Damn you Anthrax!!!

12. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

Man get a grip. I remeber our worst seasons in 84', 85' and we are alot better than those lean years. I mean alot better.

We have better starters than most western confrence teams with Rice, Francis, Mobley and deep young bench. Losing Marc Jackson hurts because we could've had a pretty good rotation at center but I still think CD and Rudy will make a deal to use the exception.

13. RocketFan4ever

RocketFan4ever Contributing Member

Definitely not a scholar of basketball.....even my girlfriend knows more about the game. Losing Shandn was the best move, the only reason anyone ever praised his defense is to cover his serious LACK OF OFFENSE. Los was cool and he was not given his fair shot.....Dream was awsome when we could get rickity old body on the court. We cant lose Jackson cuz we never had him...we would have, but there was no way GS was just going to let him go without getting something in return for him. Mooch was kind of weird, but I know the only reason there was trouble was because he has a piece of **** agent who only wants the $$$ We are missing just a few key pieces to our puzzle right now but only a few weeks of reg. season will tell us exactly where those pieces need to fit.........like the analogy :) In other words....dont post on this site if you dont know jack

14. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

...and then again, don't know why I even bothered to respond.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not sure if G33 understands our history and how bad we'd have to get in order to have our worst season ever. Our worst season ever was 1982-83 when we went 14-68, for a winning percentage of .171. How could we possibly do worse than that? Did Olajuwon, Anderson, Rogers and Bullard account for over 31 of our wins last year? We'd have to be the worst team in the league this season -- worse than the Grizzlies, Warriors, Nuggets and even Bulls -- in order to beat our record for incompetence.

16. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

no actually it will be worse time when we play wizards and loose to them..because jordan play so goodness again

17. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

No our worst year was 82-83 when Moses left us. We only won 14 games that season. I remember going to my first basketball game that year vs Seattle and bought tickets at the door. We got seats a few rows off of the floor, that's how empty the Summit was that year. Of course, that year is what led us to get Sampson.

18. SCOOTER T.

SCOOTER T. Contributing Member

Griffin33 is in High School:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

19. Villain81

Villain81 Member

'Marc Jackson and then we loose Dream, Los, Shandon, and almost Moochie!'

If they want to go, or can't make it to the team like MJax, we can't do anything about it.. the biggest loss of the season.. which i hope it won't be, and the rocks go to the finals.. will be not doing anything with a year of brilliance from cat and francis.. thats if we get no where

20. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Don't be so quick to dismiss the thoughts of high schoolers. As you know, that's when a person knows everything. ;)