1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is why Curry's not MVP

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScolaIsBallin, Mar 8, 2015.

1. a711

a711 Member

Zach Lowe said it on the BS Report:

Harden is who he would vote for, and has been the MVP

BUT

Curry will win.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If I'm going to vote for a non-Rockets player for the MVP Westbrook wins by a landslide even if regression towards the mean tells me that he can't keep his beast mode pace any longer.

3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

It's sad when reporters and analyst who study the game say harden should win it but then say "but curry will win it"

I like Durant and his view that players should have more say in awards like that. It's dumb that the media can convince people who don't watch 90% of the games

4. aumate

aumate Member

My opinion, the MVP should just go to the best player every year. Forget this, top seed stuff, stats and what not.

5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Define best player?

6. tksense

tksense Member

Yet it still won't work fairly because of peer pressure and politics like in European football/soccer. So u really not gonna vote for your buddies or teammates to show support? Not everybody can be wired like an analytical observers. These guys need emotional supports in a team setting. Some ppl will start talking if u vote a certain way. Voting results just become circle jerking and meaningless.

7. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Harden & Klay would be disgusting.

Harden would be relieved so much on offense because people can't help off Klay like they can with Bev or Ariza. Curry doesn't have to deal with nearly the amount of defensive pressure as Harden. There are times when there are 3 or 4 defenders all by Harden because they know whoever Harden dishes it to is probably going to chuck up a brick. Not to mention he would actually knock down threes from Harden assists.

8. tksense

tksense Member

You don't think they don't key in on curry? Curry has better handles, creates for others, and others hit their shots. The result is +10 point differential and best record. Curry swooshes shots anywhere within 30 ft, any time. His impact for team win cannot be understated.

I think he's more dangerous than Harden as a team player, and doesn't rely on the officials, and has less off games therefore more dependable etc. Shooting around 49% all season mostly from long range. Com'on now.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden's bad game tonight once again proves that Harden is the MVP. When Curry shot badly last night, the Warriors still won. When Harden shot badly tonight, the Rockets lose.

10. tksense

tksense Member

At least for this game, how about Harden contributed to the loss? Team lost by 15, Harden is -27; the next lowest is -14 by Dmo. Everybody else shot well tonight - the whole team except Harden. Plus 5 TOs.

Tonight's game hurt Harden's case, not help...

11. tksense

tksense Member

Checking Curry's game last night, he contributed to the win, with fourth highest +- at +11. The Klay replacement Justin Holiday? -9 as a starter.

Curry helped facilitate with 11ast and 3 TO, he defines the flow of the dub's game, even when shots not falling; he ignited the Dub's run in 3rd qtr too. Whereas Harden's off shooting game is to take a backseat, such as tonight, and leave the fate of the team to his role players teammates.

Their differences in play style reflects on the team's record, hence I agree with the trend of voting in favor of player on winning teams.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Do you actually watch either player play or is it just us you box score watch?

13. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I understand the logic you're using, but c'mon now. Harden has a bad game and that's why he's MVP? Yes I agree harden does more for any team but don't fault a great player for having better team mates.

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

I am not a fan of the Rockets but I think Harden deserves the MVP more. Curry is doing well but he is on a super stacked team and his numbers are in my opinion not as good.

I don't think Curry is the best PG either. CP3 is.

16. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

No Curry's stacked team is what reflects the team record. Curry can have an abysmal game is his team is healthy and win easily.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he was being purposely silly.

18. tksense

tksense Member

While I agree the quality of the team matters, but you're selling the best player on such a quality team short.

Look at the Hawks roster at the start of the season, would anyone bet on them being a no.1 team? Should we consider it a "stacked" team? Or how about the patched up superstar teams, the pippin rockets or payton lakers, are they supposed to win even if Hakeem or Shaq go abysmal?

Players play as a team and create synergy. Spurs is an example of that, every role player becomes "better" in this system, even if Tim, TP or ginobli go "abysmal". They all play under 30min too, so they have equalized the importance of every role player as much as the "stars". So despite the lack of stats, why is Timmy still considered by many to be the star of the team? Will the Spurs be the Spurs without this old dude player 29min?

Likewise, the Warriors roster is a 52 win roster according to last year. Could anyone say they're "stacked"? Winning makes you perceive they're "stacked". I believe the rockets are as stacked as warriors on paper. Check when everybody's playing well in a game.

I believe the difference is that Kerr instilled this synergy among players thus players play as a unit rather than individuals. This produces wins. Hence the players who can lead this team is actually the better player. Kerr's system elevated Curry's level of play, and they're blowing teams out left and right, for the most part due to Curry's play. Klay mentioned about it during their loss @pacers without curry.

While harden has all the talents, he hasn't learnt this yet like curry did this season. A better coach does help of course.

Just my opinion.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Curry is going to win the MVP. Can we just stop this debate?

His team has a 7.5 game lead in the ultra-competitive West.

The voting isn't going to be even close.

20. tksense

tksense Member

I was trying to say, whether it was Kerr, Timmy or Curry, they made everybody play better, hence you perceive the team as "stacked".

Cory Joseph? Boris Diaw? Harrison Barnes? Andrew Bogut? Players on great teams just tend to be able to perform game in and game out, hence they make the team great. These role players will become Trevor ariza or Josh smith on a milk hair coached team. Actually smith has more talent than perhaps all of them, but he hasn't played the game with the right mindset.

Plug-in players to a team lead by the right people, they fall in line, and everybody's performance level is elevated. I believe Kerr saw this in curry and turned GS into this great team.

The Hawks is a little different because the key to the engine is shared among its top 3 players. However, curry's offensive ability alone is a much more dangerous weapon in the center of the dub's offense. His shot, ball-handling and playmaking is unguardable.