1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is why Curry's not MVP

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScolaIsBallin, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I too think Curry is the MVP. Personally I'd rank him 4th or 5th behind Harden, Westbrook, LeBron and possibly Davis (depending on how he finishes the season) - because those 4 guys are having a bigger impact on their team IMO. Curry has efficiency on his side - since when does efficiency equate to an MVP award?

But it depends how you argue it... if you put Curry on this team or OKC over Harden or Westbrook I think we all agree OKC and Houston have worse records. But if you put Westbrook or Harden in Golden State I don't think those teams are doing as well either.

It's definitely close. And if you're a supporter of Harden over Curry then it's hard to not consider Westbrook. He's above Curry for all the same reasons Harden is.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Curry is like a high level Kevin Martin... Not sure why people are on his nuts for being able to hit a three pointer....

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Lol at all these folks saying Curry is the MVP for that move he made yesterday. How does that make him the MVP?

4. Ismail

Ismail Member

Let Curry win MVP. And then let's play them in the playoffs so Harden can comment "that's my trophy" ala Hakeem vs. David Robinson. And then we dominate them.

5. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

We won't get a chance to play them. Maybe replace Harden sith Westbrook since OKC with a healthy Durant will show them the exit door in the playoffs

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

on lock? no he doesnt. that's definitely far from true.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

and actually they do care about that. they take into account who is on the team and who has missed significant time.

8. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

are why people like to think Curry as the MVP. The media salivates over these types of highlights because they're coming from the undersized little guy who looks like your everyday streetballer.

9. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

LOL please. Marc Jackson was a crap coach. The reason they came out of obscurity during Marc Jackson's tenure was because the front office did a great job drafting players that started hitting their stride during Jackson's time there (Curry, Thompson & Green).

Marc Jackson is another ESPN tool along the same lines as Stephen A Smith (i'm sure you like him too)

10. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

For a guy waving his arms around he sure gets in the passing lanes and gets steals pretty often it seems.

11. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Marc Jackson was a crap coach, so is Kevin Mchale doesnt change the fact that Kerr is winning with the foundation Mark Jackson put in place... thats like Kerr coming to the Rockets this year after Lillard hit that 3 in the playoffs to send us home and Les would have fired Mchale..... how are you gonna say that Jackson is a crap coach when he was the guy who coached up Thompson, Curry, Green... he had the spurs on the ropes after beating a 57 win nuggets team...

i would give more credit to kerr if he is doing with the warriors right now with a team like the wolves, knicks, or kings

12. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

I disagree. Kerr walked in and had a team ready to go. Like when Carlisle was replaced by Larry Brown in Detroit. Brown may be a better coach than Carlisle, but Brown had the cake already made for him. Giving Kerr all the credit would be wrong, IMHO.

13. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

James Harden gets steals too... steals dont mean you are great defender

14. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

THIS...is exactly why the MVP (by your own logic) is CLEARLY James Harden. He has played absolutely FANTASTIC ball for us all season and he truly is Most VALUABLE (because without him, we simply aren't where we are in the standings). And I think that most players would feel the same way.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Homers should stay in the GARM. LOL.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You assume I'm a homer because I think curry is an over rated player?? You shouldn't assume. Homers would say curry isn't a good player. I even argued he was considerable for MVP. But in all honesty, he is not near Harden or Westbrook. And his game is that if a high functioning shooter. This a higher level Kevin Martin. I didn't mean anything too bad by that.

17. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Curry creates for his teammates. You're not giving him enough credit by comparing him to Kevin Martin.

18. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

You know what I compare that to: In 1993-94 (when Hakeem won MVP), nobody thought about giving Payton or Kemp MVP award for SEA. Just like GSW this season, they had the league's best overall record, and they defeated us all 4 times we played them.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Klay Thompson maybe considered a higher level Kevin Martin.

Curry? You're idiotic. Curry is arguably the best dribbler in the league. He's arguably a top 3 playmaker in the league. He's THE BEST shooter in the league. Or maybe you're comparing defense, which is the only thing you may be right in this comparison.

So no, homers would consider a top 5 player in this league to Kevin Martin.

Furthermore, NOBODY is near Westbrook right now. So it isn't a bad thing to say Curry isn't near WB. WB is on another planet.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So what's you're basically saying is you've watched the Rockets play 3 times this season? Harden hasn't shown an ounce of laziness this season. And if anything, by saying Curry is a team-first player, all you're saying is that the team he's surrounded with is good enough to carry him when he's off. Curry is 4th in the MVP race behind Harden, LeBron, and Westbrook at this point.