1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is why Curry's not MVP

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScolaIsBallin, Mar 8, 2015.

1. cebu

cebu Member

he's an MVP but I'm sure most nba teams would prefer to build a team with Harden than Curry.

If only chef Harden knows how to cook chicken curry. ;)

2. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

****boy... ok girl relax :rolleyes:... no1 thinks this one game tells the whole story and I have seen Kerr keep his all-stars in blowout games... he did it to the Rockets... You saying a thread is hilarious cause of some of the concrete examples made against Curry and pro Harden on a Rockets forum makes you sound like a Troll...

18k + posts, wow you always been a douche bag?

3. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Hardens shooting percentage is in the toilet rn and you want to judge Currys performance? So who is the MVP?? AD?????????

4. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Harden dont have a klay thompson, draymon green, harrison barnes etc to take pressure of him. he has to do everything, teams load up on harden and that wears him down which also affects his shooting percentage

5. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

When has supporting cast ever mattered in winning and MVP title? Look at LeBron James and Michael Jordan. They all had great teams and still won it. Also we have a top 5 bench in the league.. yeah nice try.

I'm not supporting Curry or dissing Harden, I'm proving a point.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Last year, with Kevin Durant, without Russell Westbrook

As for Michael Jordan, he won an mvp with 50 wins because his supporting cast was crap, he also didn't win it when his team won 69 games, so you may not want to use him to prove a point when he's evidence to the contrary.

Nash was also 9 games behind the Spurs in 06, had the 3rd best record in the west and 4th best overall but due to injuries...

The reason why it doesn't happen often is because its incredibly rare for a team to be without its stars and still push such a high winning record, Durant was the first person since Nash to even do it.

#46 Aleron, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

homers be homers, it's one game, really means nothing in the grand theme of things

The award is super arbitrary in its criteria anyway, you can argue it both ways for either player.

8. J Hard

J Hard Member

Lol I almost fell out my chair, how misguided that statement is.

Mark Jackson turned that doormat franchise around and instilled a confidence they lacked since the early 90's. Pathetic franchise Mark got to respectability, took LAC to 7 games last postseason and would've turned the corner completely with this same unit this year. These days a Coach don't have stability to grow gradually with a team, but he has the rugged snatched from under him because of immature feelings from the FO.

Kerr is like Jim Caldwell was for the Colts when they went to the Superbowl. Stand in coach to K.I.S.S. kerr bball knowledge is garbage, ran a great Steve Nash team in the ground, Kerr should count his blessings to have a gift wrapped Championship ready team.

I could do a ''phenomenal job'' with this team too.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He's going to win the MVP this year. I don't know why people are still arguing.

Rockets are 7 games behind the Warriors. Cavs 10.5 games behind Hawks. OKC is in 8th seed.

Curry has this on lock. He's averaging 24/4/8 on 49/42/90 %. He still has time to make it to 50/40/90. I mean, MVPs have been given to players with weaker stats, but had the best record in the leagues.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Newsflash: Lin's a Laker. See ya!

11. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Defensively Curry is better than Harden. Harden is probably more important offensively to his team than Curry is. Both are legit candidates for mvp.

12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I want Harden to win, but Westbrook is making this race very spicy! I'm not worried about Curry.

13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Westbrook's style of play is the same as Rose's style... that's why they're hurt ALL the time. James takes just as much beating with his drives but he is always under control even if it doesn't look like it. His game is deception, intelligence and unbridled strength the way he brings it. He will take it to ANYONE'S chin at anyone at any point in time. Westbrook scores a few points and triple doubles after few games after Feb 19th. All of a sudden he's the MVP? He has played only 47 games to Harden and Curry's 62. No scrap he's gonna have a better ppg! The denominator is less... that's to his advantage. Only way he's MVP is he takes his team to top 3 by the end of the season and keeps his stats up.

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Threads like this and attitudes like these is what eats at Harden's chances at the MVP. Harden's game will do all the talking we need it to. Houston we know who deserves the MVP. No need for us to make on going threads criticizing another awesome player in Curry. Keep it classy Houston.

15. Aleron

Neither of them are much defensively, they're both pretty average. If people are really going so far as to fabricate some defensive difference, they're really stretching it. If anything, Harden's versatility makes him a better defender, but again, we're not talking about all d or anything close here.

16. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

No fabrication. My perception is that Curry is above average defensively from the games I've seen this year.

17. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I disagree. Curry doesn't do much on defense other than move around with his arms out wide. Harden actually has had some nice defensive moments this year. A recent example was when we didn't have an answer for Zbo in the Memphis game. Harden took the challenge and locked him up in the 4th with some amazing post defense. Good luck finding any decent offensive player that Steph can even begin to slow down.

18. frontline94

frontline94 Member

big point here, harden can guard zbo, curry cannot. an example of a difference in defense prowess

19. Aleron

Who do you trust Curry to guard effectively (even on switches) on say the Clippers, Grizzlies, Blazers, Hawks and Cavs? (top 3 in the west besides Gsw and Hou, top 2 in the east)

20. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

These curry apologists are making me sick