1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is what the Poors look like (the ones that aren't supposed to vote)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by g1184, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Major

Major Member

Also consider that there were a lot of unemployed blue collar workers too. A blue collar job is more likely to hire them due to their experience and the fact that the job isn't a step down for them - meaning they are more likely to be motivated to work hard and less likely to leave when an opportunity arises.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

no clue what you're talking about

bud, I suggest you take a step back (and a deep breath) -- your posts have turned into incomprehensible rage

3. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You and I have VERY different definitions of "rage."

Right there in the thread topic and also in the discussion in the OP was a mention of FV Santiago's contention (an echo of one voiced by your brother and eddiewinslow, both in my sig) that people who don't pay income tax shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Perhaps before you go off spouting about a thread, you should read it first so that you can understand what the discussion is about BEFORE you go off on your anti-liberal pukefest.

4. g1184

g1184 Member

You're correct. I probably took that dudes trolling more seriously than I should have. I also got some good debate on this bbs for once (like juicystream's response) - where the opposing point of view is reasoned and vitriol free.

This is true, and I think I remember a larger percentage of women being employed than men at one point in the past 5 years. That may have been a ticket out for them sooner.

5. bigtexxx

I read the entire OP, and pointed out that one anecdote is not compelling by itself as evidence.

...and then you raged.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Having worked in the public sector for a few years, I can attest to this. One of the biggest issues, is that there are countless gov databases that ALREADY have much of the info needed to determine eligibility. But, most of them are not linked and do not communicate with each other.

No reason why an agency checking eligibility for a subsidy, in TX for instance, shouldn't be able to type a SS number and automatically pull: wage and employment info from the Social Security and TWC databases, land ownership from county appraisal districts, student load and financial aid info from Dept of Edu, criminal history from TDCJ and Fed. And that's only a few examples.

The inefficacies are staggering.

7. g1184

g1184 Member

I understand why that kind of big brother situation scared every generation up to now. I imagine that's where we're going to end up in 20 years or so, since people will be used to providing their info to Google and Facebook and the NSA won't be so clandestine.

8. GladiatoRowdy

I opined. I'm sorry that you see anything that doesn't agree with your opinion as "rage," but that is your failing, not mine.

Care to address the opinion that people who don't pay income tax should be denied the right to vote?

9. HR Dept

I just think that the redundancy of reacquiring info that already exist in other gov databases is a HUGE waste of time a convolutes the eligibility process. Gov inefficiency at its finest.

Not to mention the issue of fraud and inconsistent data. The info needed to prevent much of this has already been gathered, but is too often kept in a silo and unused.

10. GladiatoRowdy

Consolidating these databases is an effort opposed by the GOP at every turn, particularly any databases that keep track of anything having to do with guns. In addition, such an effort would cost money, another issue the GOP opposes is spending money in government on domestic efforts, even if they would improve efficiency. In this way, they can continue to claim that government is inefficient even though they are the ones keeping it that way.

11. bigtexxx

Oh, so now after the fact you decide to ask me the question that you already told me what MY answer to the question was?

That's a clear admission that you were wrong. I love it.

12. GladiatoRowdy

You love being elusive and avoiding answering questions, a clear indication that you don't have any beliefs of your own at all, having ceded your critical thinking skills to pundits. I already knew this, but it is nice to get such clear confirmation.

Thanks for showing us your lack of ability to answer a simple question.

1 person likes this.
  13. HR Dept

I agree. Thanks... :confused:

I was going to play off of the "Thanks Obama" meme, but I couldn't think of one prominent GOP politician or leader to use. GOP'ers, who's yawl's leader these days? Is it still Grover Norquist?

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Are there any conservatives on this board that are not trolls? :confused:

15. GladiatoRowdy

Yes, a couple. The top of the list would be refman and at one time I would have put MadMax on that list. Sadly, the GOP has moved so far to the right over the last 15 years that MadMax qualifies as "liberal" these days.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Poor is extreme.

But we'll be brought down to European (excluding Germany) levels.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Fixed.

1 person likes this.
  18. bigtexxx

The liberals around here love to hurl insults at their opponents and name-call. Many times it's all they can do -- they cannot defend themselves with fact, logic and reason. So they try to label those with differing viewpoints "trolls". It's an example of intolerance from them.

19. g1184

g1184 Member

He did with his first post. He said the individual right of the person in the story to vote isn't compelling enough for him to unhitch his wagon from the fool at the head of the parade. He has a right to his opinion, and I'm glad he made his position clear.

I'd like to kindly ask you to stop feeding the guy, so that we're able to minimize thread pollution. If he holds true to form, all follow up posts will be derailment, deflection, or make calling.

About the general topic, I see a lot of criticism about the financial choices the lady made, which isn't unwarranted, but I don't see any opinions that indicate she should be disenfranchised. That makes me glad.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

[​IMG]