1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the worst crowd ever.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yo, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Major

Major Member

Do you really think Dallas filled their arena when they were terrible? The Rockets have been somewhere between mediocre and terrible for about a decade now. Fans don't just start showing up the minute a team starts winning - it takes time, especially after a prolonged period of suckitude. If the Rockets are good for a few years, the arena will start filling up.

Just like 90% of the other cities in the NBA.

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

thats funny cuz the PA guy says "get up off you feet"

3. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

The Golden State Warriors have missed playoffs for 12 years in a row -- a far worse record than the Rockets, but the Warriors are ahead of the Rockets in home game attendance -- both in raw numbers and capacity%. And we all know the Bay Area is not exactly a boring place that has no entertainment other than professional basketball games.

4. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

Haha, Dallas is just good right now.

The crowds they got at reunion arena make the current toyota center crowds look like the world cup final.

5. FFz

FFz Member

look, it;s a late game and a school night thats shown on tv against a team that really isn't all that exciting to watch.

I do have a problem with the people that do go and they just wear white or whatever casual clothes they have. At least wear red if you're goign to go...

6. Head9

Head9 Member

lol, I know some Chinese fans are talking about across the Pacific to see the playoff.

7. FJY

FJY Member

All in all, let's sum it up, Houston is the worse sports city, it's a shameful city.

Ban me for freedom of speeach...

Ban me, you dicks tators.

8. YaoXiaoMing

YaoXiaoMing Member

I live in Shanghai!
    Your nearest dream maybe is my biggest dream!
    I'm study hard to learn English!
    Work hard to save money!
    Wish someday I get the opportunity to go to America and watch the live game with Yao&Tmac in Toyota Center! :D

9. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

yeah, they definitely need to do something about our lame crowd. having a great crowd behind the team really brings teh team to life. some may say the rockets didnt give the fans anything to cheer about, but the the fans didnt give the rockets the extra push they needed either. look at the lakers, jazz etc., those fans will get their teams going when they are having off nights. it makes our games boring to watch.

10. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I was at the game, the crowd was the worst of the year. It reminded me of last year.

11. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

People here always have excuse for the Rockets attendants

Oh oh is a late start game

OH oh we have the Astros/Texans here tooo

Oooh wait blah blah

We are the TOP 5 team in the league right now and we have worst attendants than the BOTTOM 5

Look at Phoenix/Dallas/San Antonio/Detriot/Cleveland/Denver/Lakers/Utah crowds

12. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

Have you ever been to this "shameful" city?

13. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

It makes me so mad. True fans would kill for those seats, and yet they are left empty while we sit in the nosebleed section. :mad:

14. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

We can't even get a full house when we're playing Dallas while all of the Texans games are jam-packed. Where's the logic?

15. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

WHat did he say exactly?

16. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

the crowd/fans in houston is like your ugly sister. you know she's ugly, but still, when people talk sht...

17. MSrockets

MSrockets Member

Thats one thing about college basketball that i love-the atmosphere of the games. i find it pretty sad when the p.a. announcer has to start chants or when he has to play background music to during play. i really dont see the regular season atmosphere changing because a.)there are so many reg. season games b.)the sale of high priced tickets. I can only dream of an SEC or atmosphere at the toyota center

18. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Definitely a case of overreacting here! Look first of all, TNT shows this game for a marquee matchup? Second, the Rockets played possibly their worst offensive game in well over two months but, they played defense and rebounded and they STILL won!

The crowd at times was trying to get into it but, the Rockets for over three quarters, had absolutely no rhythm or flow to their game.

Pistons game better be a TNT game or else this is complete B.S.! Pistons game WILL be a sellout.

Yes, Houston fans are perplexing since I live here I am qualified to say that. Understand this though, while it may take time for the fans to come around, they DO come around. I would venture to say the last few home games and playoff time you will not be able to hear yourself think at Toyota Center.

19. ABTRocketfan

ABTRocketfan Member

The team just wins by 50 pts and for the next game you would expect a big crowd, but nope its houston.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Answer: The corporate suits who have most of the lower bowl seats aren't bball fans. They'll go to a Texan game or an Astros game but Rox "meh", they'd rather entertain their clients at a stripclub.

I wish the Rox made some kind of stats of which seats are being no-showed via tickets being scanned at the gates and if those seats are being controlled by a corporation. Have a pie chart of which corporation has the most percentage of no-shows and make it public. We'll do the rest. ;)