1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is not the Dwight we've seen all year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Apr 19, 2015.

1. i3artow i3aller

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/ezP0xJBgbEV/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>
    :cool:

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Chandler was measured @ 6-10 3/4 when he first arrived in the league back in 2001. I don't really see 2" between him and Dwight. Dwight to me looks like a legit 7'0"....

3. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Dwight looked intense on the floor last night, he might have had a triple double if not for the refs. Ive always liked Dwight. Thursday during my no basketball on tv withdrawals period, i found Dwights documentary on Netflix and watched it. I gained a lot more respect for him, and was reminded how dominant he was and can still be. I thing were seeing that Dwight coming back now, at the most opportune time. As long as Joey Crawford isnt on the floor, Dwight might be able to play a full game, which is bad news for the Mavs.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

In the Paint ;)

5. mclawson

mclawson Member

Part of me wonders if all of his time off this year was just to rest for a deep playoff run. I'm sure Morey did the math on it. It's not that much of a stretch to consider since we were doing well without him and still ended up with the 2 seed.

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

Is there any question that Dwight is the best C in the league when he is healthy?

7. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

We were calling for Howard to accept his role of defense, rebounds and P&R for two years now and few weeks ago he finally accepted it. The results, although based on a small amount of games, are clear as day.
    Do you think Morey had this in mind all along when talking Howard into joining the Rockets? Morey said Howard would be "the man", but even a blind man could see Dwight doesn't have what it takes to be a low-post threat a-la Jefferson, for example. So Morey probably knew Houston cannot win without his big man changing his attitude and accepting a smaller - although more important than a low post threat - role.

8. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Looks like Morey has studied the analytics of San Antonio's season use of Timmy.
    Learn from the best and forget the rest.

I KNEW all along Dwight was focused solely on the middle of April.
    Best kept non-secret ever.

Dem Houston dudes, dey kinda rugged and rough all of a sudden.

Most fun is watching people start dribbling towards the basket, look up, and make a u turn. NOBODY wants their face tattooed with an official NBA game ball tattoo.

Last night's Rocket's Intros.........OH Baby !

https://www.facebook.com/scottcluthe/videos/vb.1069179161/10204944872516088/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed

9. reliableman

reliableman Member

Keep a close eye on Joey "The Robster" Crawford.
    We'll see how that matchup plays out throughout the playoffs. :grin:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EoVUuPAhpwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Great game, and Dwight's influence is definitely going to be helpful. That's not a surprise, if you consider how important he was to us against Portland, last season.

And, to the poster who said he KNEW Dwight would be back, that's not the case. If you have ever analyzed injuries in this league, you would know that every player is different, and his response to the injury will be different, too. There was hope for Dwight. There was Dwight's responsibility and dedication to his recovery. There was James Harden. But, nobody just KNEW he would be back. Injuries are complicated. Get out of here with that.:rolleyes:

Can't wait for Game 2. I'm expecting a stronger offensive game from Josh.

And, look it up (Really, I wrote it lol), but I KNEW (well, called) that Jet would be a killer come playoff time. :p

Brewer was amazing, especially at the defensive end. He was a hustler.

#Pursuit
    #CubanEatsDirt

11. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

That makes no sense. There is no way a healthy player would sit out half the season. Even the Spurs have never sat anyone out close to this amount. There is also no way he would be on a minutes restriction now that we are in the playoffs.

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It's the playoffs. Of course you get his best effort. The thing is with his best effort and Capela stepping up that might be enough to offset the loss of DMo and Bev.

13. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

I have no idea how hurt Howard was all season, but I'd be surprised if Morey didn't take the ultra cautious approach after seeing what happened with Yao in the playoffs which crushed our run.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Dwight needs to chill with the lazy screens/picks. He set weak picks throughout the season, but was rarely whistled for the foul. I thought the leniency would end come playoffs and Saturday they got him twice.

He needs to sow it up because those fouls are turnovers, unnecessary, and will keep him benched with foul trouble.

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

What the hell? Why does this thread have three stars? People don't like a little legitimate positivity around here?

Anyways, yeah, Dwight has been looking incredible. IIRC, his per-36 since returning from injury has been almost 25, 15, and 3. That is prime Orlando-Magic-Dwight caliber right there if he can keep that up... And he's still only 29, so he should be able to.

He changes the game for us against potential opponents like the Clippers.

... Speaking of which, does anyone know if we would have HCA if we were to play the Clippers?

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Division winner is first tie breaker so we would have HCA against Clippers.

17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Ah, sweet. I knew it was the tie breaker for seeding, but wasn't sure if that same tie-breaker would apply for HCA.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

U could see the lift again. That was encouraging

19. rocketfan_tim

rocketfan_tim Member

If his knees and back hold up he will dominate the defense. Unfortunately if either gives way it is hard to move and play your game. I too have knee and back problems so I know how difficult it can be, so I hope he stays healthy this playoffs.

20. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

LOL...too many people here have invested their hate in D12 and just like as in McHale they hope he fails.

He was the best player on the court in game 1. He gives us an inside advantage over most every playoff team. If he can stay healthy, we are a significantly better team...and one that no one wants to play.