1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is hands down the biggest missed call ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayhow92, Jan 4, 2019.

1. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

...... EXCEPT when even after reviewing slow motion replay the refs still get the call wrong. Exhibit A: Out of bounds on Harden call.

2. Asian Sensation

Fuuuckkk this picture!

BigMaloe, Harrisment, Caesar and 6 others like this.
  3. theimpossibles1

FIFY

slothy420 and BamBam like this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That ref must have been a FIFA reject, applying soccer rules for keeping ball inbounds.

Dude, in basketball, not only is Durant out, but players have to re-establish themselves inbounds to touch ball again. Durant was running out of bounds for a good 15 feet. What? Was he thinking as long as Durant wasn’t touching the court or something soccer-ish he could make a play on the ball....and his foot even was touching/sliding ... dayum, that’s just horrible in every way.

No “honest mistake” excuse is acceptable. NBA cannot allow that guy to ref post-season this year, at a bare minimum penalty for an egregious bad no call at a crucial moment of a big game on a big stage.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

6. arubato

arubato Member

The THICCness of PJ blocking the ref’s view

Sajan, hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

To anyone in this thread that thinks this wasn’t blatant rigging:

Exactly what kind of calls would you have to see to admit to rigging? I mean, it literally can’t get worse than this.

I appreciate your child like hope of fairness in a league dominated by money motivations, but at some point you need to step back and realize that YOU are the one being biased here.

8. Game7

Game7 Member

Jordan pushing off. Meant a whole lot more.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It's definitely not hyperbole to say this may be the worst call of all time.

It was unobstructed and a yes/no call. There wasn't a foul, so opinion wasn't even necessary like a push off or block/charge.

Truly incomprehensible.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This call seemed like it was the climax to the whole 4th quarter. the refs were trying their hardest to help GSW. Each call got more disgusting than the last until they went full blood in the elevator. I still can' believe they didn't call that out.. I still cant believe Harden won that game.. I still can't believe the bench brought the team all the way back.

darksoul35, Gorki, IvanLCPM and 4 others like this.
  11. theimpossibles1

Yeah but...

dischead likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It will be 10 times worse. Tuck needs a lot of help and Capela as well.

Y2JT and hakeem94 like this.
  13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

When the refs are at their best rigging games is when they do it early on and kill momentum. Average fans will have forgotten by the end of game. This ref crew needs to be fired for not being subtle enough in their rigging. Scott foster would have never have been this amature.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

15. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

The refs are given instructions to make non-calls like this to get the desired outcome. The NBA is upset that it didn't work.

clutchdabear, hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Another great thing about this game is Harden didn't let the bullshit impact his game. In games when the refs were intentionally not calling the game correctly, it got to Harden. There was so much bullshit throughout the whole game and still Harden pushed through.. There was so much bullshit in the last qtr and OT alone.. Plus Harden has a concussion.. smh.. this game was crazy.. I'm going to save it to my Hard Drive.

17. Buck Turgidson

What's even worse is that there were TWO refs with a clear view of the play, one sideline & one baseline: Tre Maddox and Tony Brown

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...-missed-call-ever.295436/page-3#post-12148277

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This call wasn’t any kind of tipping point. We should all know the league is maybe a notch below wwe. Harden being possibly the greatest offensive player ever is what keeps me around.

19. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Member

I still believe that Game 6 of the Lakers v Kings and last years game 7 Rockets vs Worriers were the worse rigging I've ever seen.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I must say i felt like the plethora of free throws, a few on the questionable side against the Grizzlies was table setting for the crap they were going to pull today.

Create the "why does he get all those free throws" game so they have public support for the rigged game.