1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This guy can't be serious when he writes this, can he?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cptnbreakdance, Jan 21, 2014.

1. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Disagree with your basic premise. I think Rondo is more valuable. Also, trading Asik/Lin+pick for Rondo != trading Asik/Lin + PARSONS. Almost everyone would find Parsons MUCH more valuable than our late 2014 pick.

Brook Lopez is great offensively but this is the 2nd yr where he's had these injuries that sideline him for significant minutes. It's a huge red flag that's different from Rondo's somewhat more 'freak' injury, esp. on a bigman. He's also always been a poor rebounder. Parsons on the other hand is very important to how our team runs. Losing him would hurt us quite a bit...just for the hope of flipping an injured Lopez for another player that would help us? Who?

Kirelenko...when healthy. He's old now, and older players = more downtime + less effective than in the past. He can't really guard anyone anymore. His DRating this yr is TERRIBLE.

2. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

At this point Rondo is marginally more valuable. At least on this team but taken into consideration Lopez has had issues with his feet (which is typically a huge red flag for centers, look for examples in past centers).

I would only agree with this trade if Parsons was not interested in signing with Houston. True, we may not get fair market value for Parsons if Les and Morey decide to look elsewhere for that player, they think, is going to put the Rockets into championship contention.

While it may seem like I'm overrating him, I think this team would definitely be out of the playoffs if they pulled the trigger and swapped for those players listed with the Nets. Somehow I can picture us being able to score effectively without Parsons on this team. He does a little bit of everything on the offensive side. I can't see Morey taking back another center, let alone TWO injury prone players.

3. omgTHEpotential

I honestly think we'd be giving away value with this deal. And that's not Morey's style. How is Mathews' defense? If it's average or slightly above average, I think Asik/DMo/Brewer for Mathews/Robin is somewhat fair (aside from then Portland having too many big men - PF or C - on their roster - Aldridge/Asik/DMo/Meyers/Freeland/TRob/Claver).

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

That's turrible

5. cml750

cml750 Member

Absolutely NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

6. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

"healthy kirilenko is more valuable than parsons"? ... wow:eek:

7. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Exclude Parsons, and you remove cancer cells and set yourself up next year for the win. Brook Lopez is a stud, you don't watch enough basketball if you don't acknowledge the fact that he is the best offensive center in the league, and could easily play next to Howard.

8. tada

tada Member

I think fans are over-valuing Parsons way too much. Parsons is a good player, but his stats are inflated by our offense and his minutes/usage. He's valuable right now because of his contract, which will need to be address next year. Kirilenko is bargain at mid-level exception.

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Why r there guys discuss so ridiculous topic?
    The Rockets will not want nobody from Nets

10. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

So how does AK47 look these days?

Cause if he still plays solid,we could really use him as a 6th man,he is great at defending guys like Lebron,Durant etc.

Maybe Kirileinko+Blatche+Livingston for Asik+Brewer?

11. rocketblood713

lol this fkin guy