1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thinking about getting a truck. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulftsk, Jun 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

I recently sold my g35 in hopes of getting a new truck. Although I love driving manual, the car didn't quite serve my outdoorsy needs.

I don't mind gas costs, because my old car had subpar mileage and took premium anyway. I'm looking for a full-sized 4x4.

Right now, I've been looking at the 2014 Silverado and the 2015 F-150, which hasn't come out yet. Any suggestions are appreciated!

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Toyota Tundra that's made in Japan.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Yeah Tundra no doubt... Never buy anything made by Americans, you might find weed in it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

If you are worried about your outdoorsy needs you should try one of these excellent vehicles.

[​IMG]

You could pull it off.

1 person likes this.
  5. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

all new trucks are fine vehicles. Americans have really stepped up their game in the last decade.

I'd go with the Silverado. My buddy just got one and it's pretty sweet. maybe look at a GMC Sierra.

I got another buddy who has a Ford Raport SVT, AND (for the sake of this conversation) ANOTHER BUDDY who's old man has a brand new F-150 Platinum Edition.

Both of those Fords probably cost $20k+ more than the Silverado, and I'd still take the Silverado.

1 person likes this.
  6. NateNate

NateNate Member

For the first time in a while, i actually like all the trucks designs from the major makers. F150, Silverado, Ram and Tundra are all nice. The Nissan Titan is hideous. The new F150 is made out of aluminum (not the whole thing) so it's suppose to be much lighter and better on gas mileage. Although, i can imagine it will be expensive. The full size 4 doors Tundras are monsters! You say you're an outdoorsman? What do you think of the jeeps or Toyota FJ Cruisers?

1 person likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  8. body slam

body slam Member

What are your outdoorsy needs that you need a 4x4? Do you plan on pulling a trailer of any kind? If so what kind and how big?

9. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I would go Ford. Tundras are nice too.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I wouldn't touch any ford vehicle at all. I have a silverado 2014 and I love it. However, I would recommend you to get a new Tacoma just because it's cheager and you can 4 sell it goid.

11. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

14 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Tundras are made in San Antonio

13. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

My suggestion is the Ford F-150 FX4. You won't be disappointed. I'm driving an 08 FX2 w/ > 70k miles on it and will likely trade that in for an FX4 by the end of the year well before it reaches 100k miles. I wouldn't consider any F-150s below the FX package though.

I know that everyone has their preference. But what are you basing never touching a Ford on? From all accounts that I've seen they are extremely reliable and have excellent resell value. The only recent issues that I can recall was with the old Triton 5.4 engine, which I don't think has been used since the 2008 model (My truck is a 4.6). I was skeptical about the Eco Boost engines but even those are getting rave reviews.

If anything, I'd avoid Chevy/GM - Seeing as how they've recalled nearly 10,000,000 vehicles in the last 12 months alone. To each his own though.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

A serious paulftsk thread?

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Aren't these being made in San Antonio now?

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

That's what they want you to think, that factory is really a government facility that is storing WMDs.

18. egr281

egr281 Member

Got a 2013 crew cab RAM. Love it, they sit higher then chevy and if you want to throw 35s on it you dont have to lift it like you would a chevy. I also love having dual exhaust and you can never go wrong with a HEMI

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The only thing douchey enough for the OP is the Ford Raptor.

That said, I love my F-150. I'm on my second one and would only replace it with another.

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Trucks are nice. a few of my favorites are:

F 150 Platinum
    F 150 Raptor
    Toyota Tundra
    Nissan Titan