1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Think about this..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shooter1583, Sep 7, 2002.

1. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

As much as I don't like Kelvin Cato, and there was a time that I didn't
    like Kenny Thomas (he's improved much!). I feel that
    keeping those guys (and Mobley) solves one problem:

CHEMISTRY

We must be careful.

I don't think that Francis and Payton would get along.
    ...I mean, with Payton "barking" orders....Francis would think,
    "Hey, I thought this was my team?"

And it is HIS team!

2. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I would not want Payton any more than Isiah Rider. Payton is a cancer to team chemistry. Keep Cat - he is all Rocket at heart....

3. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

Well said Tbar.

No freaking Sonics or Jazz on our Rox.

Especially a washed up, 1 year left, baller. I know , I know what he has done in the past.

I have a hard time getting the 98 WC finals out of my head. I think it was 98, or maybe 97. Anyway you my point.

FORGET ABOUT IT!

Next.

4. Truth

Truth Member

Kidrock,(Heh.) I said he was a 2nd round pick because he is a frikkin diamond in the rough.

5. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Ditto

6. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Does anyone think that Steve Francis and Gary Payton can both think they own the team and actually get along and run the court on the same team? Duh... Ditto

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

No but he's in his mid 30s. How does tearing up a young backcourt for a PG in his mid 30s help the rebuilding process? I like Payton, he's a great player, but he doesn't fit this team and its plans.

#27 RocksMillenium, Sep 8, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2002
  8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

We have one of the top 2 or 3 best backcourts in the NBA, a PF who looks to be a superstar, a center who could be a superstar, and a slew of quality SFs, including a rookie SF who can surprise. This team is built right, you don't have to have a dream team line-up to need consistency, and this team could have one of the better line-ups in the NBA. You don't need to have the best line-up in the NBA, just a good consistent line-up. You can't tell me that the Utah Jazz, Minnesota TimberWolves, and even LA Lakers have the best line-ups in the NBA. But they have consistent line-ups and chemistry. And they make the playoffs, and win championships. They change one position per year. There's no way you can build chemistry constantly making changes, especially changes at your strongest positions.

9. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Rocks, I agree. This is the core of players we just need to let grow together and get some experience. Maybe this year just make the playoffs. The year after get to the second round. Then contend for the championship. All the way, a tweak here or there.