1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things you hate about the gym

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Another Brother, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I hate that:

A: I don't live close to a gym anymore.
    B: I don't have the time or money to join anyway with 2 kids now.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sam, I'm sure you wouldn't understand what a real gym looks like. It's probably not typical of the fru-fru glamor parlors that you must frequent in midtown manhattan to get in your challenging yoga sessions. I go to a real gym. Why? Because bigtexxx needs a full complement of free weights and experienced lifters to accommodate his needs. I lift a lot of weight. A lot. Probably 2-3x what your capabilities dictate. I need spotters and plenty of lifting equipment to aid my body molding activities. Most of these places do not have such a luxury item as free towels laying around.

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

mine is mainly chicks that wear shorts that would be too tight to wear even after they drop that extra 75 pounds.

4. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Come on. You love the smegma.

5. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Man I had forgotten about that incident. It pains me to even consider the possibility of that happening to myself. I may start wearing a jock strap again, similar to Rice alumnus B-Bob's method of using duct tape.

7. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

People waiting for the piece of equipment you're on just because it's next on their "list". Process the next line item, robot.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL free towels are a luxury item? Yes, for those who can't afford the princely sum of $80 a month (Manhattan prices) for the "chi-chi" NYSC- they are indeed luxurious. I won't even mention the thai boxing place I go to, its various accoutrements, such as hot and cold running water, would make a spartan powerlifter such as yourself cringe as well as its comparatively hefty price tag.

9. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

1) Older guys at the gym have no sense of shame. They refuse to cover up in the locker room. I mean they're so casual about it and talk to each other in the buff. If you're showering, then fine. Afterwards, covering your junk should be minimal. Plus, some people shave in the nude. Their freakin doogie's are touching the counter.

2) Women who are not fit should stay out of the free weight area. Please stick to the machines and don't hog up space doing 10 lb curls.

3) Screamers and weight bangers. An occasional grunt and accidental banging of dbs is okay, but stop the construction noises.

4) Adonis mirror freaks. Stop checking yourself out. You look like a jerk 10 seconds ago, you still look like a jerk now.

10. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Fisher owned again. Awesome. :)

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Foas, I'm glad to see that old wounds die hard; I'm sorry that you can't afford to belong to a gym that has towels and am willing to host a fundraiser on your behalf if you'd like, Foas.

12. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

What about people who get dressed up to go to the gym (male or female)? They are only there to pose, not work out. I hate that.

13. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I haven't been to the gym in about three years.

But i have a screaming deal on my monthly dues (less than 20% of the current going rate).

So i keep paying. I hate that.

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Fatty - don't post pictures like that... I think that goes without saying.

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Man, I missed it.

16. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

At my gym you can't even get in the door without a towel.

17. Fatty FatBastard

No prob. But I could've sworn I saw that pic originally on this site a few years ago.

18. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Sam, I've been to numerous gyms here in H-town and I have yet to get a complimentary towel. Some do require you to bring your own though, which is good.

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

24hr fitness wont let you workout without a towel...

20. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member