1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things to do in Houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by madsaaa93, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You could do some Clutch Community service with me. ;)

2. VanityHalfBlack

Go to Main event and wait for Dwight to pay for your laser tag quest!!!

3. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

We have several breweries you can tour and you get pints included in the tour.
    The NASA thing might be good (haven't been in years don't know if it is more kid-centric or could be interesting for adults)
    Food as others have mentioned..
    Uchi
    Killens BBQ
    Coltivare
    are some of the places I ate at this past week...(staycation)
    Texans Games if you wanna see some American Football (will run you about 140 USD)

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Sup, super hot chick.

5. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

San Antonio is a dump. Austin is great. Galveston is more then depressing especially after living in Australia. Love montrose, heights, and downtown. Food is great is great. Not sure if you like clubs or bars. Me myself love bars.

6. The Law

The Law Member

Galveston is a dump but Montrose is appealing?

Lol okay.

Michael Sam?

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Washington Ave. Drink it up.

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Kemah boardwalk is my suggestion

9. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

go to rockets games

maybe a texans game if they dont completely suck

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Clutchfans I am disappoint.

In order for us to compile a list of suitable activities for you it do we will need pictures it verify who you are.

11. madsaaa93

madsaaa93 Member

True I wouldn't mind seeing them on the road also, just have to wait for the schedule to come out. Hopefully start in NY then down to New Orleans/Houston and onto San Diego/San Fran from there. Not really sure yet, any suggestions? Not really into museums and arty stuff, more so sport and just wandering around!

12. madsaaa93

madsaaa93 Member

Cool thanks man, couple of q's. How much are decent seats at a rockets game and also I'm going with a mate who's 20 yrs old so can he get into most places and not drink or do you need to be 21 to get into places?

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

hey tin, I have always seen that place but not sure what it is about.

Can an experienced 99er like you please explain? Is it worth it?

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Best place to just wander around in Houston in the village, and maybe parts of the heights too

15. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

All the breweries will allow anyone under 21, but your friend will not be able to drink beer. (unless you give him a nip of yours)

Most bars will allow people under 21 as far as I know also, clubs....I have no idea that's not my bag...

As for the rockets question, I prefer to sit in the upper level as the fan are more vocal. Sitting center court in the upper level runs about 40 to 60. Lower level tickets go anywhere from 70 to hundreds of dollars.

16. madsaaa93

madsaaa93 Member

cool thanks, i dont even go to clubs here so glad to hear we should be able to get into bars. appreciate the help!

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

madsaaa93, got your PM. I'm gonna show you the best few nights of your life. Also, don't listen to Ziggy, I'm not really married. We were just like in a contest or something. Looking forward to making your acquaintance, and you're welcome in advance.

18. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Apparently Houston's top travel destinations are only sports stadium, bars, and strip clubs.

Way to represent Houston guys.

-.-

19. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Houston is more of a place to meet great people but not much to see. You don't have to drive to the Austin area for great BBQ either. Pappa's BBQ, Goode Co. BBQ, Rudy's BBQ, plenty of good BBQ right in town.

Also Killen's is a great place for steak. Hit up Chinatown for some good Viet/Chinese food. Although, Australia prolly has plenty of that as well. Galveston is a dump.

you could do the swimming holes like Hamilton Swimming Hole about 30 miles SW of Austin or inner tubing around the Austin/SA area.

20. madsaaa93

madsaaa93 Member

so it sounds like austin or san antonio is better to see than houston itself? really only going to houston to see the rockets so might have to spend only a day or two there. thanks for the help