1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things that make you feel old

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jsingles, Apr 2, 2017.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Needing more than 6 hours of sleep. I have long loved the sort of 11 - 5 sleep time but now I need a little more. So annoying.

Also, I saw Bill Cartwright gimping around a San Francisco sidewalk the other day and oh man, did that ever make me feel old. I remember cheering against his Bulls teams. I guess he always did have the mobility of a step ladder, so maybe I shouldn't feel so old.

CCity Zero, Patience and da_juice like this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

When i see blood sugar sex magik under classic rock albums

Jontro likes this.
  3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That makes me feel old and pissed off. Because RHCP is the worst band of all-time.

eric.81 likes this.
  4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow...that is a scary thought.

5. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

This episode is about a month away from being old enough to drink.

jsingles and GRENDEL like this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Lol john frusciante is my favorite guitarist ever. He is brilliant. Blood sugar and californication are incredible.

Frusciantes solo work like smile from the streer you hold or to record only water for ten days are all amazing to me.

Their new stuff with frusciante gone is lame though

What say you @KingCheetah

7. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Do high school kids still use lockers? If so, are they digital locks now?

8. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I grunt when I get up from sitting on the floor...every time.

Deckard, Plowman and B-Bob like this.
  9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The fact that I still consider John Frusciante the "new" guitarist for RHCP.

Deckard, B-Bob, Plowman and 3 others like this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Lol.

I knew about him far before i knew about hillel slovak. But I was born in 92

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Threads like this.

Oh, and I'll add that I can no longer sit on a hard surface, like a bleacher, for instance, without my lower back killing me for 3 days. I do better if I simply stand up for 3 hours straight, shuffling my feet from time to time (I'm remembering going to my kids' softball games out here in Oak Hill and the times I forgot a cushion). Right now, I'm sitting on a special Temperpedic cushion in front of my monitor, typing away. I hate limitations like that. Absolutely hate them. Hate not having much hair, either. S***, I'm getting ticked off just typing about this crap. And unlike B-Bob, who needs more sleep, I can never get enough. I remember when I could sleep for 8-10 hours straight, given half a chance. If I manage 5 hours now, groovy doesn't begin to describe how I feel. Help! :cool:

12. jsingles

jsingles Member

Hallways are lined with them just like they were 15-20 years ago; but they're never used. A few, and I mean less than a dozen, are for kids who need them for various reasons. Kids don't carry around books, hell most don't even carry around notebook paper anymore.

13. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

My oldest daughter turned 56 a few days ago, my 57th wedding anniversary. I take 150 mg of trazodone and get 10 plus hours of sleep. And my worn out joints are a b****. That tempur pedic cushion sounds good!

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Being 39 and knowing that in the thread about getting old, the phrase "weak stream" isn't talking Internet speed.

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Wanting to go to bed while watching the 7th inning of a home game.

16. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I've volunteered to teach high school classes. I'm pretty immature, so I always feel like I'll fit in. Then I walk down the hall and get all the "who's this old guy" looks.

jsingles likes this.
  17. Roscoe Arbuckle

RHCP was my gang's jam in HS. I still recall accidentally smushing my girlfriend's hand in the window while we were all listening to "Knock me down" my senior year.

18. likestohypeguy

Having to present my birth certificate- kids in front of me with these beautiful hologrammed multi color works of art, and I'm standing there with this b&w weathered historical document that looks like it should be in a war museum.

19. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

LOL....I layed down for a 5 minute nap at 5:30 yesterday....Gf woke me up at 9. I still felt tired.

20. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

HS where I teach has lockers lining the halls...all zip tied. No locker use allowed.