1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things That Annoy the Piss out of You

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jul 26, 2016.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

If you want the eye candy, go a lil' bit further North and hit the Kroger on Studemont. Verah nice.

2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People who don't use turn signals.

People who don't pay attention to their environment and block pathways (think shopping carts in grocery stores).

Houstunna likes this.
  3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Not flushing the damn toilet. The handle is right there!

Also people that curl the squat rack at the gym.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'll take it a step further and say: People who don' t have kids who say ANYTHING about what parents should/shouldn't do.

5. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Liberals and Conservatives

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    I have a strategy for dealing with these people.

[​IMG]

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Childless coworkers like to give me advice. I just laugh it off. That wonderfully ignorant bastards.

I actually get more annoyed by old folk who have older kids and think they have the answers to any kid-related problem. "Oh yeah I remember that. What you need to do is..."

8. jsingles

jsingles Member

That's what I was trying to remember yesterday. I unfortunately go to the Walmart at 1960 and Eldridge because its right across the street and without fail I have to go out of my way to accommodate people stopping with their cart block the aisle several times. I keep telling myself "next time just go straight and hit their damned cart" But alas, I don't.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

There is a definite theme to these...
    People boarding an elevator before letting the current riders out.
    People getting on an elevator and standing in front of the door or the buttons.
    People on an elevator who stand in front of the door without moving when it opens.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They all involve people

Houstunna likes this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I hate it when people just blindly switch lanes when there really isn't any gap and then signal once they have made the switch and are right in front of you

Yeah like that helps b****.

12. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

My big pet peeve has to be senseless drivers.

-I can't stand having to go around someone in the far left lane on highways. It's a passing lane. If you're getting passed on the right then you ain't going fast enough. Get over.
    -Drivers that see their sign an off-ramp or freeway-merge 5 miles away and immediate get over to the far right lane clogging up the exit/entry lane for miles. Guy I know you want to get on to 210, but seeing as 210 is in 5 miles let me on the damn highway.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

- NARCISSISTS
    - Prententiousness/Vapidness
    - BULLIES / "Cry-Bullies"
    - Douchebag Bosses thinking that cracking-the-whip and admonishing you in front of people makes you perform better, and justify it because its PAIN NOT Pleasure that is the greatest Motivator of action - rather than it just being an extension of their own Alpha-Wannabe EGO and lack of nuance in caring for people
    (^ ALL that seems to be linked in a common personality disorder spectrum)

- ME Myself...for being too soft and emo and TAKING all of that without retorting back. :confused: :(

- ANY "ADVOCACY" group. They start out with great intentions, but then by the 3rd/4th wave on they start to become something OTHER than its original core principle. Which usually is - to justify its existence by FINDING issues to be self-important about even in the absense of issues. (This was even before the "SJW" phenomenon) It doesnt matter if its the EXREMISTS and "not all". They still plant the empowerment in peoples heads

14. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Cangrejero51.

15. Buck Turgidson

Over half the posts in this thread prove that Carlin was right:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XWPCE2tTLZQ?list=RDXWPCE2tTLZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't know if that's covered here but definitely the expansion of bullying to just about any kind of disparagement or teasing, and separately the entire elevation of bullying to an advocacy issue. We're probably a little too well connected and informed nowadays to have a proper mass hysteria like ritual Satanic murders or apple razor blades, but bullying might be close.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

People without kids who try to one-up stories about kids with stories about their pets.

Person 1: Last night my kids did so and so....

Me: Oh, yeah, my boys do that all the time. It's so funn..

Person 2 (interrupting): I know, my cats did the same thing the other day!

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Maybe the only time I'll ever mention this, because it happens to be the appropriate thread and post. But, it annoys me when parents think that just because I don't have a kid, I can't understand things about parenting. Specifically, love for a child or the post above--how difficult it can be at times.

Of course, I don't go around trying to offer parenting advice constantly as if I have all the answers as a non-parent. But I can/do empathize with situations. Because yeah, I'm a single dude without responsibilities...but I have spent weeks at a time with nephews and nieces. I've changed a ton of diapers. And I've dealt with them on my own for days and nights at a time. Even for things that don't come up in those periods, I'm empathetic enough to understand how it can be!

And on love for a child...so many parents say "you don't know until you have a kid" and dismiss non-parents (whether intentional or not). I'll counter with, parents who say that often don't know what it's like to be an older/mature adult with very close nephews/nieces. Or, parents who say that weren't as close to other people's children as other adults might be. Some perspective..

19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Parents that inflict their spawn on the rest of us. I'm trying to eat dinner/watch the movie/whatever. If your kid is one that is going to be screaming or running around during this activity, take it to Chuck-E-Cheese or something. I made the decision not to have kids so I wouldn't have to deal with them, I don't want to deal with yours.

20. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Ann Coulter

*shudder*