1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things That Annoy the Piss out of You

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jul 26, 2016.

1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

One of our office admins today blamed me for a bit of water that splashed on to the break room counter, made it a point to walk up to my desk and ask me to go clean it up. I didn't want to make a scene by arguing with her about who did it so I just went there and cleaned it but it was pretty embarrassing, everyone turning their head looking at who was getting scolded in the office. Anyway, this annoys me.

2. rockpileindisma

I hate it when I'm about to take a grumpy and the bathroom is empty and as soon as I drop my pants forty people walk in

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What's worse is when the bathroom is empty and peaceful all throughout your poop....then just as you are done and exiting the stall, someone walks in and sees you exiting the stall. I don't want anyone at work to know that I poop!

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

A lot of the posts are just image macros, which I imagine thirty years ago would have been on novelty t-shirts. What's best is any kind of factual correction just gets crickets, because it really only is intended to get likes from like-minded friends.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Some people have long commutes and crap loads of kid stuff to take care of in that same time frame, so the sleep isn't always that relaxed or organic due to the extra stress and anxiety.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Best OP on Clutchfans, lol.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

F*** that ****... F*** people on those power trips, especially in front of peers. To treat someone like a dog to make themselves feel better, **** that.....

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

WTF? On what planet is it appropriate for an office admin (or anyone for that matter) to scold you like a child about something as nominal as spilled water? And even if she was going to take it upon herself to do that, why would she assume it was you without at least asking first?? I understand not wanting to make a scene at the moment, but if I were you, I'd write her a civil (but firmly worded) email letting her know that you didn't appreciate being dressed down in front of your coworkers.

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

She was digging around for something in the break room while I was getting a glass of water. 10 minutes later she comes to my desk telling me go clean up my mess. I mean within 10 minutes there's a ton of people that go in and out of that break room. All this admin stuff about house keeping is getting out of hand. There's much more important matters to focus on when your working for a multi billion dollar company. Jeez.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Do yourself a favor and let her know how what she did was highly inappropriate. Like I said, you don't need to be nasty or rude to get your point across, but it does sound like she needs to be told that this isn't her home, and you can't treat coworkers that way.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah you can't let people get away with stuff like that, they'll start doing it all the time. There's gotta be some type of policy for situations like this, if not his human resources department isn't doing their job.

12. Buck Turgidson

Kev Johnson and Barkley vs. MJ and Pippen. This is a great game.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Donald Trump.

DD

Ubiquitin and don grahamleone like this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Very true, but doesn't apply to these folk. 20 minute commutes at worst and no kids. They actually tell me they're tired because they went out to get drinks with friends or something. And they're youngish, 30 or so.

Perhaps I'm just bitter because my days of such acts are over. Still, it is annoying!

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can't stand when drivers don't understand that crosswalks give pedestrians the right of way. Especially when I'm running. In fact, pedestrians have the right away in tons of places that folks ignore.

If I only get one, erase the above because I choose: Rubberneckers.

[​IMG]

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

People that use dominate when they mean dominant.

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I only have two things that annoy me to no end.....

1.) Harden refusing to play defense on every play.
    2.) Snobs who overuse dots/periods in their posts....:mad:

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Nice way to assume you know how I drive. Two inches from their bumper? Crossing two lanes etc etc? Wrong on all accounts.

You must be one of the Facebooking drivers. This is what I'm talking about. You absolutely don't see anything wrong with what you're doing.

19. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

people driving exactly at or below the speed limit in the left lane..this is houston..you can go 75mph
    18 wheelers in the left lane
    wet socks..shudder
    hotel sheets that are tucked under the mattress..i dont want to be swaddled
    wet bathroom floors
    rubber neckers
    tv ads
    kd to the warriors...
    people who dont pick up their dogs poop
    mosquitos

20. jsingles

jsingles Member

100%, and you see it every single time a lane ends, no matter where, or what time during the day. If there is a line because a lane ends there is someone who zooms to the front, every, single, time.