1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things I want this Draft Night...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MadGame2002, Jun 26, 2003.

1. MadGame2002

MadGame2002 Member

Okay , I honestly think a trade will go down before the opening of this new arena this season. But what will happen is clouded in mystery.
    But here's what i'de want from draft night for the Rockets.
    1. A pure pg
    Examples: Luke Ridnour
    TJ Ford
    If I had a choice between the two I'de pick Ridnour before Ford.
    He's just as dominating in the fast break as Ford but has a 3 point shot. He maybe pick between late lottery-15th pick. Whereas Ford would be very very harderto attain seeing that he'll go between 4-7 picks. I have watched Ridnour play ever since he was a freshman and the things he cand do amazes me. Put him in with some runners like we have in Posey, Francis ,Mobley, we'de be unstoppable on the break. The major stink about his game is that he's not so athletic, but if I recall isnt one of the all time best pgs, in the game ever, pegged with that? (Stockton)

2. A defensive hustle type of PF
    Example: Nick Collison

In this years draft I think no one fills this type more than Collison. Albeit he maybe nothin more than a role player. But Role players win champoinships when surrounded by superstars. The Rockets would clear the error of past draft nightmares like J.Collier for example. Ive watched Collison play and he has a leaves it all on the floor type of game .he is perfect for the philsophies of our new coach. He's landing probably between the 10-15 picks. Very easy picks to trade for.

3. a pure shooter
    Example: Kirk Hinrich
    Jason Kapono
    Travis Hansen
    I really think we are one great jump shooter away from greatness. We have enough slashers but we need someone who defenses must respect. A younger glen rice type of player who can kill you if left open. Whether he's a PG,SF, or SG.
    We can certainly land someone with our 44th pick. And I think we are. With the way reports are going barring a deal involving Eddie griffin we are going for a shooter with the 44th.

Chime in with your wishes and wants,,,

2. red

red Contributing Member

and i want a toilet made of solid gold but ist just not in the cards baby!

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Really???

[​IMG]

4. verse

verse Contributing Member

i hope we draft a white guy.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Apparantly so does MadGame.

I don't mind if they set out to get a white boy...we've been starving for one after Bryce and Bull left. We only have one right now (wouldn't Yao be considered as "yellow"). Might put some fairweather asses in the seats. Whooooo...Luke Walton.

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I want the Rockets to draft Carl English. Man, that would be sweet!

7. MadGame2002

MadGame2002 Member

Hey I didnt even notice that. lol I am sorry white players nowadays that are actually good are rare,its kind of like 7'6 centers.
    I do think M.Sweetney is a good player but he's alot like Maurice taylor with emphasis on rebounding.
    And the idea of landing Chris Bosh is purely absurd unless you part with something considerably great.
    I just put people we could possible chance of trading for. Its closer to base than say the FA agent signing of O'neil or Brand.(thats dreaming)

8. ErraticAssassin

That is unlikely to happen.

Sincerely,

Bostjan Nachbar
    Jason Collier
    Dan Langhi
    Bryce Drew
    Matt Maloney

9. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Things I want this Draft Night...

...for Dick Vitale to NOT give us his "recommendations" for talent.

"Ohooo Baby! Harrold Miner! He's the next Jordan, baby!"
    - Dick Vitale

"Ohooo Baby! Jerry Stackhouse! He's the next Jordan, baby!"
    - Dick Vitale

"Yao Ming? The Rockets will regret this pick!"
    - Dick Vitale

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Man, you wouldn't see me sitting on that cold b*tch in the morning. :)

Dude, that squad would be badass. :D

11. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Did the guy even get drafted? He would make a perfect backup to Mobley.

12. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

looks like you got what you want....hopefully we'll see him within the next year or 2....