1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things I have learned from listening to Right Wing Talk Radio

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NMS is the Best, Jun 29, 2013.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I listen occasionally. You can easily predict where a wing nut host is going as soon as the topic is brought up, so that is kind of boring. What I do like in small doses is the juxtaposition of the hosts telling the call-ins how smart they are and how they see things stupid Liberals don't see and then listening to the commercials which are always aimed at the most gullible or insecure.

It is obvious both the hosts and the sponsors know their audience.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

:p :p :p ;)

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Did you do that last post or did Issa hijack your account?

1 person likes this.
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im not sure why you find this revealing. Every other commercial break he is commenting about how its time for him to get paid massive sums of money. He also continually states that he is an entertainer and not a politician. I don't blame Rush. I blame the people who give him the ratings.

5. conquistador#11

when the astros were going to NL championships, I'd leave the station on past the post game and just let go all night. I almost became addicted to conversation about shadow people and area 51. that's as close as I got to right wing radio. I liked their little updates for the city.

6. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Nonsense! McCain and Romney would have never been the presidential nominesees if that were true.

7. gwayneco

Have you listened enough to hear him talk about his sons?

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Michael Berry is an OPPORTUNIST. He survives by feeding the fears of right wing radio listeners.

BTW...just because you adopt African babies, doesn't mean you are not bigot.

If you want a baby, black ones are easier to get than white or even Asian now.;)

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

R-E-A-L-L-Y need you to expand on this point!

10. gwayneco

Berry is not anti-black. He's against certain pathologies of black culture. He does not seem overly fond of Mexicans or Pakistanis (though who really is when it comes to the latter).

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not a particular fan of Michael Berry but i catch him on occasion. I will say that he likes to tease with comments and stereo types of different races. I don't think that makes a person racist though and if someone does think he's a racist for that, I think that the person calling him that probably doesn't understand the point being made and/or have a sense of humour.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not a Berry fan either, but I do listen occasionally just for laughs. I will say that I think his show is pretty much an act and his delivery is so deadpan that most of his listeners (and many in this thread, apparently) don't get it.

Occasionally, he'll get a caller that is all up in a heap about the issue of the day and Berry will subtly make fun of him without the caller even realizing it - which I can appreciate.

I don't think he takes himself or his show NEARLY as seriously as some do....and for that, I actually have to respect him.