1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thibs to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thabeet, Nov 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

So Thibs for the leading assistant role?

2. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thibs has proven he can run an offense built on hero ball. Just put Harden in the Rose role and play hard D. Then we can eventually complain about the results just like Bulls fans eventually did.

I'm tired of coaching retreads.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Can you imagine JB being dumb enough to believe anything that Morey says?

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How about if Les says it?

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

At this point when he's pissed, yep. Every word.

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Then fire his ******

7. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Rockets have many problems right now. But lack of defense is the worst problem. If Thibs keeps the current transition offense mindset, Good defense will generate more fast break possessions.

1 person likes this.
  8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Good point....

T_Man

9. OpportunityCost

They wouldn't have to learn all of them; just learn something though with some structure that can facilitate offense, rather than all of this ridiculous non stop one-on-one that leads to Ariza ISOs and end of shot clock buzzer beater 3s. I also don't buy that these guys can't learn an offense. I learned many different offensive sets easily in high school. These are NBA players that have been playing basketball for most of their lives; high school, AAU, college, overseas, whatever...this isn't rocket science. They have many hours to go over these (potential sets), with the best technology and trainers that money can buy.

10. basketballholic

The triangle and Princeton are systems of set after set after set. We've played the Princeton under Adelman. It took two seasons before we were any good at it. Triangle is the same way.

11. MONON

MONON Member

Now that's interesting, since both Morey & Thibs want roster control. :confused: If they can work together, that eliminates 1 of the 2 reasons I didn't want to bring in Tibbs. The other reason was that Tibbs would run amuck with the players, like he did in Chicago. However, this team is amuck anyhow, so it wouldn't matter.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

JVG already lives here, coincidence?

13. basketballholic

I didn't say anything about roster control.

14. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

I want to believe..

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I am open to this

If Harden responded to him during USA mini camp, I see no reason why he cannot. We need a disciplirarian and someone who holds players accountable. Enough of the cheer leader "clap clap" "play Harder" "sticky" "juice" and "darts" guys

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Ah, the images you conjure, the bad memories. In the midst of our downward spiral, with the entrance sign to Hell clearly legible from our vantage point ("Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate"), McHale was at a postgame interview saying, "Our guys just need some juice." At least he had the grace to wear the mask of doom, someone who knew his time was coming to an end.

17. OpenLayup-Why3?

I did not watch many Bulls games, but I can remember Rose shooting ton of bad shots on low % and Thibbs doing nothing about it. If you expect him to come and bench Haren - it's not going to happen. And I don't believe in Haren as a mature person to change any time soon. Under any coach. Only way he can change is if his money comes short, but with all the deals it doesn't look like he'll have urge to play better any time soon.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Sorry but the Triangle takes at least one season to master and that's with a big who can pass well. None of our bigs except DMO are suitable for it. And we are talking about NBA players who take that long to learn it.
    (Unless your bball iq is extremely high like Rodman's).

I dont' know about Harden but Thibs also didn't bench Pau who was a horrible defender or even talk to him to bring him off the bench. And gave enough playing time to Mirotic who was a rookie last year and he can't guard noone either.
    And he used a lot Aaron Brooks another horrible defender.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

My body is ready. (No homo).

20. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Can someone explain me what is Morey waiting for? We need Thibs NOW!!!!