1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thibs and Brooks being considered by the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Apr 13, 2016.

1. krouchchocolate

I would love thibs

2. deshen

deshen Member

I would be surprised if any one of them would come.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Please God not Scottie Brooks

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

How about the old guy Adams from the Warriors?

5. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

If it's not Thibs, I wouldn't mind going for Etore Messina, I think he would do some good things (being one of Pops top and longest tenured assistants). When Adelman left, I wanted Budenholzer for that exact same reason, but he declined to even interview for the position at all. For some reason, he (Bud) was just dead set against coming here.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Jokes aside i think he's not a fan of Corey, he's just not a good defender, sometimes i think he's pretty bad in fact, he's just not able to stay in front of his man with consistency, he gambles too much, doesn't know how to switch decently...he hustle at least.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

He's one of the best assistants around, but i don't know if he can coach a team...

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

I don't care if Rockets win it all, let alone take the Warriors to 6/7, don't want him back under any condition.

Sign Thibs and they will come.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's really simple to me. If JB leads the Rockets to the biggest playoff upset in NBA history, the job is his. Otherwise, you hire Thibs(assuming he wants the gig of course).

10. Marteen

Marteen Member

Thibs must be licking his chops at the thought of coaching KAT and that young Wolves team. Would not shock me if he signs with Minny.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Excellent sentence

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. here it is in Morse code, don't know if that will help. :grin:

-.. --- -. .----. - / .-- .- -. - / - .... .. -... ... / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / .-.. --- ... . / ..- ... / .--- .- -- . ... / .... .- .-. -.. . -. / -.- -. --- .-- / ... -.-. --- - - / -... .-. --- --- -.- ... / -... .-. .. -. --. / .... .. -- / --- -.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

I wouldn't keep JBB even if we won the freaking championship!

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Scott Brooks is basically another McHale. Know clue how to manage a rotation and questionable in game coaching.

That said, if the Rockets FO thinks Brooks is the key to landing Durant, you obviously hire that man.

15. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

While I don't particularly like Brooks as coach, he would guarantee us DURANT!!!!

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Thibs would be awesome, Brooks would only be bearable if he helps us land Durant, otherwise no thank you. He is another McHale.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Can't wait for the Thibs vs. Morey battles over player moves and offensive strategy. My gut tells me Les will ultimately tell Morey to take a hike if things get too heated. I've heard Morey is on the hot seat.

18. anchel

anchel Member

Mmm.... Why? If that's all a player considers to choose his destiny, dont bring that r****ded to my team. Fortunately Durant does not look too dumb so will make a thoughtful decision.

Big difference between him and Thibodeau and very different profile. Thibs is not perfect, but is what this team needs. If Morey is really considering to sign Brooks, Les must fire him before.

19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Lol at people thinking coaches never learn from prior experiences. Do you guys really think Thibs is so set in his ways that he would run Harden to the ground at the experience of ruining his career...or that Les and Morey can't learn from their mistakes and co-exist with a disciplinarian over a players coach? Give these humans some more credit for Christ sake. Thibs would be an excellent hire from any objective standpoint.

1 person likes this.
  20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm hoping for Thibs. A "run into the ground" Ariza is still better than Brewer, lol.