1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They fear us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nomangame, May 1, 2013.

1. nomangame

nomangame Member

Not sure if anyone else posted it but I will anyway.

For those who watched game 4, there were a lot of rubbish calls made against us.

When Parsons closed down Durant for the shot, he wasn't overly aggressive or anything of that sort. Yet they call the and-1. (I believe this was in the 1st quarter)

Fisher should be in showbiz. He CLEARLY flopped when Asik set a screen and when Harden just walked into his path. Amazingly, the refs bought Fisher's acting.

There was an out of bounds play when it came off Perkins or Ibaka and guess what, Parsons last touched the ball according to the refs.

Durant pushed off Delfino when guarded by him and yet they call it a defensive foul........

What I'm trying to say is that OKC needs such nonsensical calls in order to win. They can't execute the plays they want and as long the slightest bit of things don't go their way, refs will buy them out.

We are much better than them. We don't need cheap calls to help us win. They do. They are afraid to lose so badly that they need help.

That's just how I look at it. We gave such a fight that they got so scared, they turn to the refs for help.

2. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

Game 3 was the most one sided officiating I have ever seen. Those calls were absolutely ridiculous. I think it is sad and embarrassing that Joey Crawford is considered the "poster boy" of referees for this game

3. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I didn't like the no-call on Parson's jam. His right arm got smashed and he ended up being lucky it still went in... I thought game 1 and 2 were called fairly though.

4. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

The biggest call I noticed last night was a phantom charge call on Parsons , Durant went on a 8 pt run after that. It was such BS. And then there was a play Fisher hit a 3 after the Thunder got the ball back when it was out on them.

So frustrating to watch close games when things like that happen all game.

5. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Wasn't game 2 the one where Perkins held Parsons? Just Saying.....
    REF'S YOU SUCK

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I really don't get this ref conspiracy angle when it comes to game three. If anything, drawing out the drama then tightening the clamps is the better "plan" rather than a ridiculous 3-1 hole we're in now.

I'll admit that they bit on their whistle more than the last game, but I'm more inclined to believe that it's a product of **** ref jobs instead of some bigger master plan.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The other Crawford, Danny, is the best ref in the game.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Joey Crawford is the most egregious "anticipation superstar" foul caller in the game, it wasn't rigged, he's just not very good if you want a sport and not an entertainment product, the nba is the latter and hence.....

9. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Yep. I agree. The phantom charge call to make up for the charge Durant received at the other end before that.

But I'm in two minds as to whether the refs are biased or just incompetent.
    I was watching the grizzles v clippers game today and Chris Paul got hit in the eye on a pick at the top of the key, kept dribbling then turned his back and slowly went down on his knees and then threw the ball away. The refs were forced to blow the whistle about 3 seconds after the play... they finally called a foul on Conelly. This was terrible refereeing, a star goes down and throws the ball away so they have to think about who fouled him? refereeing after the fact. There should be a rule that if you don't call a foul the moment it happened you cannot call it afterwards.

10. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Is the whole "swinging your arms at defender's body for a foul" still effective in the league or is it just a Durant thing?

11. Mariachi ROCKET

I hope the Refs dont blow game 5!

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I get that the refs are bad, I even a agree. But it's not like the Thunder are telling them to suck... Lol

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

14. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

imo, this is more of experienced vs non experienced players... they are now using what they call "veteran moves" to win this game... nothing we all haven't seen before :D

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

we gave the thunder plenty of chances to win the last game...

BUT we need a hothead on this team who gets at least 15mpg next season. im so ****in tired of our guys getting cheap shots and barely any retaliation. last year when scola got stepped on his face no retaliation. one reason why im not against trading for cousins. i think he'll be more level headed with a better team surrounded by good guys so we wont have to worry about that. but he'll chokeslam someone if he needs to.

i know beverley talks trash but he's 6'1

16. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

I'm with Morlock on this one..

I get as angry as anyone when I see one-sided whistles especially of course when its against a team I'm rooting for..

If you ask me however if I would do anything about it? I wouldnt, simply because this is how the Nba works...you start as a bad team grow get better start to join the playoffs, get not only beaten by the opponent but also smashed by the refs. You get even better (trade/draft or growth of your own players) and suddenly you cross the line where fools like J.Crawford respect your status and blow their whistles in our favor. --> legit champ. contender

OKC is a good example for that imo

17. peter2012

peter2012 Member

It is only effective if you are KD,CP3,LBJ...The number of the names is less than 10 for sure.

18. Entropy

Entropy Member

If a Durant vs Lebron showdown is going to happen, the refs are going to be on OKC's side for the remainder of this series, and the next one after that.

19. smr6

smr6 Member

If we can bring this series back to Houston I would love to see the shirts in the crowd say "storm chasers" in reference to the Thunder. Although, I'm sure it's far too late to get anything to the league for approval and have them made and delivered in time.

20. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Referee crew tonight?

Please, no Joey Crawford, Monty McCutchen, or Brian Forte.