1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They didn't trade up because they didn't want Bridgewater.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by LelWestbrick, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

O'Brien didn't want a ****ty QB, bro. He wants a good one. There isn't one.

2. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

This team is a joke and hasn't learned their lessons regarding finding a franchise QB. They will enjoy having a top 5 pick next year.

3. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

It was $60K - SP errantly tweeted out a copy of the ticket on it to Nick on his bet, and the next day were giving him a hard time over dropping that much on a bet.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Great news since the Top 5 QBs next year are all better than the Top 3 this year!

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

aaaand he's back. btw, how's that franchise QB Vince Young doing for the Titans?

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

its was 60K, split between nick wright and sean p. and ted johnson bought in 10% of the bet lol

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Man, I know it's bad to root for your team to lose, but a top 5 pick next year would be outstanding. Of course it would mean that we've wasted Andre's career basically, but oh well I guess.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah that was said last year same ole BS.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who said that last year? Everyone knew this was one of the wort QB classes in draft history. That's why there was never a QB proclaimed to be a number one pick.

10. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

I guess they were all sweating it :grin:

11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Read my mind...

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

On the contrary, they're trying not to repeat the mistakes of other NFL franchises.... like the one that spent the 3rd pick on Vince Young, and the 8th pick on Jake Locker.

If they felt there was a true franchise QB in this draft, they would have likely taken one. I don't see a lot of evidence to say that they missed out... not with everybody saying that Bortles was taken too early, and that they're not surprised Manziel and TB slipped as far as they did (as when you really break both players down, there are some serious flaws and risks).

When there are true franchise QB's on the board... there's not this much controversy as to "when" they're picked.

13. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know I'm probably in the minority but I would trade him. Get a pick and restart the franchise .

14. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

No, I believe this time last year, this was supposed to be a very strong and deep QB class. Maybe mariotta has a down year, Winston contiues to be a dumbass and hundley has tiny hands. Some random QB from Eastern Washington State may come into the fold or something. You never know.

15. Remii

Remii Member

What makes you think O'Brien wanted Teddy...??? I believe he definitely wanted Blake and I think he wanted Rick to trade back and get him.

Just the same there is no rule that if you draft a quarterback in the 1st 3 rounds that he has to start his 1st year.

16. Remix

Remix Member

Pretty much agree which is why I have been laughing at everyone overreacting on "missing" out on Bridgewater.

If B'OB wanted Manziel or Bridgewater the team would of traded up. Once you pick a QB you pretty much tied to him for the next 3-4 years and if he bust the franchise gets set back. Just look at all the previous teams in the past drafts that have reached for a QB.

Once B'OB identifies a QB he believes he can win with and pretty much tie his tenure with as a first time head coach in the NFL then that's who we'll get. And if that means we don't get one till next year I'm fine with that.

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

At the end of the day, Vegas knows best. When trying to decide where players are falling, check what Vegas has.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I just don't see the Texans being bad enough to get a Top 10 pick next year.
    I think at 8-8 they will still be in the teens

So . . that leaves us where?

If they don't get a QB or trade for one .. .they need to invest in the Trenches
    Solidify this d*mn line immediately

Get the fat guy to clog the middle for Watt and Clowney

If QB is your question mark . .. make it the only one

Rocket River

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Think about this though, people are crying about not taking a QB at 22 or 32 right now, why would the Texans have to be in the top 10?

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Teddy 16-20 and 2 TDs. Led a game winning scoring drive on the same Arizona defense that neither Fitz or Keenum could do anything against.

Wow imagine Clowney + Bridgewater on the same team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.