1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They didn't trade up because they didn't want Bridgewater.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by LelWestbrick, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Win

Win Contributing Member

I hear ya, but do The Texans really want to be saddled with a QB that won't pan out over the next few years rather than take a little more time on such an important decision? "O Mr fan, Johnny is the guy we always wanted (while he flames out and makes it impossible to spend another high draft choice on someone the team really wants)" would be the mantra. I too would rather have Teddy or any of the others come in right now and be the messiah, but I can see the teams reluctance. We shall see, amigo.
    Go Texans!

2. MystikArkitect

New Orleans pass D in the bottom (not last) in yards allowed and in the middle in TDs allowed. Also not last.

Research is your friend. Helps you not look like an idiot.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, it was outdated info, they are now the 4th worst pass defense in the NFL instead of being the absolute worst. I should have double checked the stat and you should probably work on your reading comprehension if you plan on calling someone out.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Cousins really looks like a starting qb :grin:

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The real fact is that rookie QB's rarely look good in their first season. Look at the elite QB's in football today in their rookie year.

Peyton 28 INT's
    Drew Brees 1 game played
    Tom Brady 1 game played
    Aaron Rodgers 0

Now I expect you and bigtexx to pile on Bortles and Bridgewater during their first season proclaiming victory in your prognostications, but honestly all most want to see out of rookie qb's is glimmers of potential of future success. Right now I'm extremely impressed with Bortles though I thought he would be a huge bust. That guy is going through progressions like a vet already.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's completely besides the point, I was responding to someone saying that they "looked good" so what you are saying is irrelevant.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It's for future reference in this thread. I know the way this will play out the rest of the season.

8. Remii

Remii Member

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Teddy tearing it up in the 1st half. New Russell Wilson.

10. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Best QB in the draft been saying since day 1. Too bad media and Gm's put more stock in how you perform in tshirts and shorts.

11. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

So teddy looks good... =( ..he's was considered as the number 1 pick and we could've had him and clowney but no....

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Teddy B looking good so far

13. mario_v

mario_v Member

Texans are looking like fools right now. He's going to be a pretty good qb. Texans couldve had him but they got too cute.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bridgewater is looking pretty good out there so far.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Missed opportunity.

Would have been nice to have a promising young rookie QB on the team. Would have been a good core nucleus with watt, clowney, and hopkins.

16. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Both teddy & bortles look great. Texans will look like fools if either guy turns into a star. THIS IS A QB LEAGUE:eek::mad:

17. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Texans made the right pick of picking Clowney over Bortles IF Clowney can come back and stay healthy. I feel right now, Bridgewater is a better QB than Fitz and the Texans would be a better team with him. They could have had him easily but Rick Smith and coach Bob opted to roll with Fitz instead. The Texans have been winning with defense, special teams and Foster being good in the first two games. The Texans upcoming tougher schedule is about to reveal why its important to have a good QB in today's NFL.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Bridgewater fans worse than VY fans or nah?

19. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I have to agree. I always thought he looked legit. I think the Texans will regret passing up Teddy.

20. conquistador#11

i think most were on board with a qb, after clowney had been selected, unfortunately the texans front office wasn't. I would have wanted carr or teddy to learn the ropes. It seems that the college offenses nowadays really prepare them for early success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.