1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"They call her Pocahontas"-President of the United States

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Nov 27, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

They don't... just a Trump supporter's desperate effort to defend the indefensible...

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Pull the stick out of your asses! "They call her Pocahontas", that was a great one liner. The delivery was spot on.

#82 mick fry, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  3. Anticope

Anticope Member

We're glad that you and your brain cell enjoyed it.

superfob and krnxsnoopy like this.
  4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Thanks for the critique, David Brent.

5. bongman

bongman Member

We all know whom they are referring to when "Idiot in the White House" is mentioned.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly I don’t think anyone can honestly defend the whole set of circumstances. The President takes attention away from those being honored, he makes disgusting comments and the whole thing happens under a portrait of Andrew Jackson.

JumpMan likes this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, you went "but what about" Warren lying and I went "but what about" Trump always lying.

We can talk about Trump's racial slur now and how you don't care because white guys are never his targets for racial slurs. Go.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

no i didn't. I had only made one post and you quoted it.

who was the target of his 'racial slur'? what race was demeaned and how so?

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wonder. . . . . ..
    If these gentlemen looked Trump dead in the eye and said:
    "THE **** YOU SAY?? What the f**k did you just say . . .that sh*t is ignorant and offensive as hell!!!"

In the middle of the event . . . . .. All his supporters would scream it was a set up and that they were politicizing their moment
    but
    Since they had some measure of dignity and restraint
    the supporters are claiming they were not offended and it was no big deal

Rocket River

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It bears repeating -

Trump claimed for years he was Swedish because he was trying to sell real estate to Jewish New Yorkers that he didn't want to admit that he was German.

His family also changed their name from Drumpf.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I certainly think it was no accident, and that calling Warren "Pocahontas" was no accident, either. I can easily imagine Stephen Miller, who works down the hall from the Oval Office, telling trump that honoring the Navajos was a perfect chance to please his base. How? Do it in front of Jackson's portrait and "joke" about Warren being Pocahontas. I'm sure Bannon is pleased.

#92 Deckard, Nov 28, 2017
    JumpMan likes this.
  13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The man is a moron. He saw two Native Americans and thought "What is something about these people I can remark on?" and his decaying synapses found "Pocahontas" somewhere in his brain, which is a name he only associates with Senator Warren.

He's just stupid. There is no ulterior motive.

Rashmon likes this.
  14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

What's sort of lost in all of this is, why does he have to politicize everything? His party literally screams "too soon" when gun violence occurs, yelling about how the Dems want to politicize everything. Here's a guy, trying to crack a joke at his competition and again politicize a puff piece PR event. Was what he said racist? Sure, but in the grand scheme of things who cares? He's always on, always grandstanding, always talking about how great he is, when does he actually have time to do good? Hell, when does he even have time to do the crap he thinks is good? Where's the wall? How about my tax cut? What about ISIS or the even bigger threat to this country Obamacare? It's like you're working on a group project with some people in a class. One of your group members keeps talking about old group projects and the girls he's banging, and you're like "dude, all I'm trying to do is get a B in this thing, can we just get to work and crank something out?". That's the real issue. Can America get it's B? At the rate we're going, I'm not sure we even pass this class.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, in a thread about Trump calling someone Pocahontas you went with but what about and deflected by attacking the person Trump attacked instead of dealing with what he said.

It's like you don't speak English, the words just roll over you and you have to piece together some argument about why words don't mean what they mean.

#95 CometsWin, Nov 28, 2017
  16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Tallanover is being stupid for even arguing this. This was simply not the right time and place to bring this up, at all. Rather than admitting the obvious, he wants to take you down this BS road of "but Warren...." It's not surprising, that's the Trumpette Playbook. Deflection is practically the Prologue.

I will say it over, and over, and over, and over again. The few, the very few gaffes that Obama made were ones he was raked over the coals for- 57 states, "police acted stupid," and "Special Olympics." In each instance, Obama provided an apology- particularly for the latter, which was not good. Heck, that idiot BigTexxx constantly cried about Obama's golfing and says not a word about Trump's ridiculous amount of hours spent golfing- which just illustrates what a hypocritical ass that guy is.

You can add up all of Obama's gaffes, misstatements, insults, etc.- and also George W. Bush's, too- and they would be the equivalent of 1 week of Trump's insults, stupid statements, gaffes, etc.

**** lowering the bar. I refuse to do it. He gets held to the same standard as every other President. He will get called out on every inane, insensitive, insulting thing he says. It will NEVER be acceptable to be a jackass.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Can someone link me to the particular Elizabeth Warren claims of Native American ancestry? From what I've read, she has shown up in some university lists of minority professors, but I haven't seen any quotes or assertions from her. I want to see the actual quotes, not some paraphrase or summary or characterization. My googling skillz have failed me on that score. If anyone can link me, I'd be in your debt (a little bit).

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ok, Sarah. What a mindless drone you are.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If finding troops who support kneeling doesn't curtail the repluglican indictment of NFL players, finding native Americans who aren't offended doesn't stop dems from demonizing Trump.

justtxyank likes this.