1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

These Knicks, I mean, Rockets, are looking pretty good

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NewYorker, Jan 25, 2004.

1. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Gundy ball is back in the NBA, this time in the west, but I like what he's done with Yao giving him some tough attitude that Yao badly needed. Kato is looking a lot like Charles Oakley -at least his game.

I mean, that Indiana game was ugly, but I can't remember seeing that many bricks in a game...since...1994.

2. fietguy

fietguy Member

i am the only one that doesn't think we were are like the knicks? i mean, some characters are in place but not necessarily that type of ball...

this is not necessarily saying knicks ball is good or bad, but just an observation...

like what i remember of the knicks vs pacers, and then on to their defeat at the hands of the spurs i didn't think they were as dynamic as we are now...

on our team, i think we have more people that can score, obviously, the centers are much different, so are the guards...

defense are both excellent, but does that mean we are same?

3. NewYorker

its just satire man...chill dog.

4. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

The Indiana game was ugly. But we needed that "type" of win.

The rest of the games better not be like that, or else we'll be back to the "struggling with our offense" routine. And that's NOT the goal; 78-74 point wins. The goal is close to 90+ point wins. Probably depending on Yao's progress.

#4 DavidS, Jan 25, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2004
  5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Actually, it's sarcasm.

6. azn-baller

azn-baller Member

cato never had and prolly never will have a 15 ft jumper like Oakley did

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Apparently you haven't seen the guy warm up. He can hit 3 pointers all day long at a 50% clip.

8. NewYorker

Boy, you're really bright, aren't you?

Now that's sarcasm. What I wrote was satire.

9. Oski2005

Who exactly where you satirizing?

10. NewYorker

Van Gundy and his Rockets...ever hear of them?

Oops, there's that sarcasm again.

11. Oski2005

Well, I didn't mean to put you down with my original post, but you have already tried to put me down twice in here, so, to finish up this debacle, why don't you post a definition of satire.

12. NewYorker

I'm just messing with you a bit, so relax.

Satire can be sarcasm, but it's usually a lot more broader, just means to poke fun of something using wit, sarcasm, or irony...usually some sort of human value or flaw.

In this case, I just find it funny how Van Gundy has the Rockets playing so much more thuggishly with this oppressive d-fense and how much their offense has struggled as well...a la ny knicks of the early 90's. It's ugly ball II. That's the Riley/Gundy style.

But I mean, back in 1994, when Houston was playing the Knicks, if someone said ya know, years from now, Houston will have the knicks assistant as a coach and they will be playing in the mold of these Knicks...how would you have reacted? You would have been - no way! Never!

13. Tom Archer

Tom Archer Contributing Member

Hell. I wish Cato could hit the 15 footer like Oak could.

14. NewYorker

I saw cato hit a 15-foot jumper. He can do it. Now if he could only catch the friggin ball.

15. ckahlich001

ckahlich001 Member

its just way overdone unoriginal satire

seriously did you think you invented that or like that youre one of the 1st 1000 to make that observation on this board?

16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I don't really understand why he's getting all the attention for making a Rocket/Knick comparison. It's not like he's trying to pick a fight or anything.

17. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

If you thought I was critical of the Rockets. Stick around. NewYorker takes the cake.

NewYorker rarely offers constructive criticism. There's an underlying tone in NewYorker's post that try to undermine the Rockets, not help them.

It's very subtle.

18. NewYorker

Which is worse...making something up that already been thought off...or being the loser who goes around and complains about it?

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Perhaps the question is, are there any more knicks out there we can sign. They are doing great.

20. ckahlich001

ckahlich001 Member

the loser who defends the loser who rererererererereresaid the lame notice...thats who.

cause someone has to bring it up to stop helatious barage of banality