1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

These dudes are bad!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockHEAD, Sep 26, 2001.

1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Military special forces have fought across the globe from the jungles of Vietnam to the Iraqi desert, earning a reputation for their courage, fighting skills and self-reliance. With their blackened faces, secretive missions and high-tech weaponry, the mystique around them has fascinated movie-goers, armchair warriors and military buffs. (Reuters Graphic)

just thought I'd share this graphic and caption.
    comment if you wish.

rH

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is it just me, or is the US guy looking over at the Brit, jealous of his cool Darth Vader costume?

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Otto- lol... probably.

rH

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

The French commandos would eat either of those Kens for lunch.

BTW, how many fly boxes can you fit in that vest?

5. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

"are ya sure he ain't one a them homosexual soldiers? What in tarnation! I reckon he's lookin' at my butt!":eek: :rolleyes:

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Nah, he's looking at him saying, "HA! Mine's(gun) bigger than yours!"

7. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Holy cow, the guy who wrote "Counterstrike" sure did a fantastic job making the skins and weapons -- looks an awful lot like this.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

God knows the French already eat some pretty disgusting things... I bet they'd sure like to give it a try. Only 1 Problem: The US & British commandos would be able to see the French approaching from miles away by the smell of moldy cheese, the immense plumes of cigarette smoke, and sound of their threatining to go on strike. The Americans and British would be able to get away before being drenched in butter and white wine and being served to the French.
    :D

9. outlaw

outlaw Member

"Bonjourrrr ya cheese-eating surrender monkeys!"

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing. i play tactical ops, a UT mod, and it has the same weapons and skins(except for the mask, mine, and RSE) A kickass job.

11. davo

davo Contributing Member

Who Dares Wins. The SAS are serious individuals. They are already operating in Afghanistan.

12. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

I didn't realize Snake Eyes was British..

13. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I hope we have some of these prototypes to use.

Excerpt:

Key Capabilities

Precise target range which is automatically communicated to the 20mm HE (High Explosive) bursting ammunition. Soldier lases, aims and fires.
    Five times more lethal than the M16/M203, at more than twice the range
    Full defilade target capability
    Day/night fire control; weapon interface, iron sight backup
    Laser ranging accuracy: ±1/2m out to 500m; ±1m out to 1000m
    Moving target tracking capability ... identification of closest enemy threat option
    Rate of fire with KE (Kinetic Energy) ammunition: >850 rounds/min; with HE >10 rounds/min
    HE ammunition functional modes: airburst, MOUT short arm, point detonation, point detonation delay, and self-destruct
    KE semi two-round burst; HE semi automatic
    Recoil level: only slight more than M16
    Ruggedized composite weapon housing
    Separable HE/KE weapons
    Easily field strippable in less than two minutes

http://www.atk.com/defense/descriptions/products/Shoulder-firedWeapons/oicw-new.htm

FYI, these rifles will run about $10,000 to the M16's $1,000, but apprently when you pay for all of the add-ons on the OICW, the M16 package costs $35,000!

BTW, 'Defilade' targets are those (prone or crouched) hiding behind barricades, sand bags, doors and windows. I.e., you cannot hide from this rifle.