1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Theres your sign, fire JVG III

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bplld, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

Who cares how the rockets record is when only one f*ckin game has meant a ****. Its obvious this team is a poser, not playoffs caliber.

If you think "a win is 1 win and a loss is 1 loss," then you should stop watching sports period. You obviulsy know jack and care about jack. You probably just read the standings and thats all.

How many times this season have the rockets went into a game and played like this. Its not the first time. It happens ALL the time. We are not overeacting. The clippers game was just an idea to certain fans that maybe the rockets had finally gotten it together.

How do you find the players to blame for this? Look at the whole picture. Every player that comes to the rockets goes through the same thing. EVERY PLAYER. Right off of the bat, as soon as they get here.

#61 bplld, Feb 17, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  2. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

BOTH!!! :rolleyes:

3. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

if someone can reasonably explain why bowen was in there before hayes, then i will keep gundy.

i have already heard the hustle bull crap. when the hell did bowen become such a defensive player!?? he runs around so hyper that he stumbles upon loose balls. THATS IT.

when your opponent is hitting 3's, and you cant defend..shouldnt u atleast be trying to scoring to keep up?

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Well because of extremely eloquent rant, I just got word from the NBA and they are count the Suns loss as 2 losses….

5. rocket3forlife2

Its hard to forget a 45 point losss on nationl tv.....I was so embarrased and I wasn't even out there.The dude under me is right.

6. ACL1

ACL1 Member

I would stick with "just a bad game argument" if the team had a reasonable record. but in the past 8 months alone this team has had games like this way too often. i do not think any other team in the league has had so many "just a bad game" in the same spanm of time. any team can have "just a bad game" but when they become this freuent you should reasonably look into the cuase. you can't constantly srug and say "just another bad game".
    i said this at the start of the season, this team shows no sole, no passion for the game, they walk up an down the court like robots and constantly look over their shoulders scared of their coach. if you do not enjoy your job , you will just show up, you will not put passion to it.
    tese guys look timid, scared and without passion, that goes to the coach.
    HIs system is outdated for todays NBA (and is becoming a joke aound the league) he has a negative personality that drains the team's spirit down. he is lucky Les is a nice guy, or he would have been gone long ago.
    he needs to go now.
    OI never thought i'd say this but Don Chaney is looking better than this guy.

btw. Stro was the only guy that never quit last night.

7. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Thank God our defensive genius coach was there to hold the opponents score below 150.

Thank God Yao and Tracy are back playing again for our offense to really get rolling.

Thank God our role players are all back from injury, except Sura, to help TMac and Yao.

Thank God our beloved team is poised to make a real run at the playoffs in the second half of the season.

Thank God the leadership on this team has really risen to the challenge this season.

Thank God all our assistant coaches seem to be really on the job and giving 110%.

Thank God this team's shooting has been on such a torrid pace this season.

What would have this season been like if God was looking out for the Rockets.

8. ACL1

ACL1 Member

or the flying spagetti monster!

9. underoverup

underoverup Member

how'd i miss this thread?

imo it's time for jvg to go we need a new vibe and new ideas on this team. jvg has worn out his welcome in houston.

10. atxtypes

atxtypes Member

You know who we could hire: Stan Van Gundy.

He was a great coach with DWade and Shaq. He doesnt have the greatest presence but the Rockets imo dont need it. If TMac can start driving hard to the rim (which Stan can hopefully make him do like he did with Wade because Wade was much more of a jump shooter at Marquette now he is a hard slasher). And I know Yao < Shaq, but he has good plays to get it in to the big man.

Eh, Just my opinion

11. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

...45?

12. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

michael retired to play baseball for two years. get it correct. yes he did come back and win championships but not until he dealt with the death in his own way. give tmac his opportunity at dealing with his problems.

and as far as JVG goes. i think being a strong headed, demanding coach is fine as long as you have something to back it up. you better have a ring and a one heck of an impressive resume, and have produced winners. jeff hasn't. he has a decent resume but nothing that would make a player go through the crap he makes his go through. you have to be a proven winner to handle things the way he does.

13. chaosad

chaosad Contributing Member

look people make mistakes, JVG on the suns game was just that, i mean his face tells it all on that game, he made a big mistake on that game that he or the rox was supposed to have learned last season against the mavs...
    that half court offense was just stupid, just how can the rox comeback from that big deficit by wasting a lot of clock only to miss the shot and then let the suns score quickly on the other end..
    to me i think JVG just just refused to play the suns run n gun game, and sticked to the half-court offense...
    the fire van gundy idea is just bull**** give JVG a chance, im sure his not just the reason why the rox lost that game...

the commentators said that yao is useless in that kind of game... yao played for a chinese national bball team that is almost equally fast as the suns, i know this saw them play in the ASIAN games but i have no memory of thier plays... i dont know if JVG is using some old tapes of yao playing for the china team, but he could learn a lot from those...

14. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

give him a chance? you are joking right? he's had 3 years now. coaches get hired and fired A LOT quicker than that in the nba. he's had an eternitity in nba years with this franchise. it's time to put up or shut up with jeff. period. i don't care how tough he is on the guys, he just better win. and right now, we are the laughing stock of the league after last night's performance. he has two of the best players in the league but still isn't winning. it's about time to move on. he's running out of chances REALLY quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.